Besides that, Taylor will also have to do community service and pay $1,476 in court costs and fines.More news: Shah Rukh Khan's daughter prepares for Bollywood debut
Police say Taylor was driving a Bentley on the Florida Turnpike when he hit a motorhome, then sideswiped a police auto. Taylor took two breathalyzer tests five hours after the crash that measured his blood-alcohol level at.082 and.084, above the Florida legal limit of.08.
Taylor, who officials said had been smoking cigars and smelled of booze, flunked a roadside sobriety test. While he was being processed following the accident, the 1986 NFL MVP admitted he probably had "too much" to drink before he chose to drive. He has admitted to drug and alcohol abuse during his career and was suspended from the league for 30 days in 1988.More news: Taylor Swift returns to streaming sites
Taylor also had problems with drugs and alcohol in the past, including leaving the scene of a crash in 2009. According to the Sun-Sentinel, he pleaded guilty in 2011 to sexual misconduct and patronizing a prostitute, admitted he had sex in a NY hotel with an underage prostitute he thought was 19.
In 2011, he pleaded guilty to sexual misconduct and patronizing an underage prostitute and had to register as a sex offender.More news: BJP spokesperson files complaint against journalist for criticising its presidential pick
- Pakistan's path to Champions Trophy glory
- Dravid set to extend his tenure as India A, U-19 coach
- 79 people feared dead in London high-rise fire
- Novae Group Plc (NVA) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Shore Capital
- Brexit talks begin with UK in disarray
- Halep roars back against Svitolina to reach semis
- 'Drake & Josh' star Josh Peck marries longtime girlfriend
- Brexit negotiations kick off almost a year after referendum
- Pakistan deserved to win Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli
- Yasiel Puig Suspended One Game For Obscene Gesture