The 18-year-old French global scored 15 Ligue 1 goals in Ligue 1 last season, playing a major part in his club's title-winning campaign.
"Anyway, I think he wants to stay in Monaco and confirm his level there".
A whole host of major European clubs are understood to be interested in the 18-year-old, who is expected to command a fee well in excess of £100m, but Perez believes that the player himself wants to join Madrid.More news: New Analyst Ratings For EMIS Group (LON:EMIS)
The front page of Marca on Monday delivers huge news for Real Madrid fans.
Mbappe burst onto the world stage this season with a breakout campaign for the Ligue 1 champions, scoring 26 goals and providing 14 assists over all competitions.
Have Arsenal found the magic formula to spirit Kylian Mbappe out of Monaco?More news: UCLA School of Law's Supreme Court clinic wins landmark trademark case
Without committing themselves to a specific time frame, Marca report that Mbappe to Madrid could happen in the "coming weeks".
He added: "I am sure he will be one of the greats and we are following him". Madrid are now in a tough spot with their talisman Cristiano Ronaldo asking to leave the club and it takes someone with vast skill and passion to fill his boots.
However, it looks like Arsenal are ready to step-up their interest again as The Sun are covering a report from L'Equipe today that says Wenger is set to make a fresh offer after seeing his initial £87m bid rejected. No one has sent us any offers, not for Ronaldo, not for James, nor for Morata.More news: ZTE Nubia M2 Play Announced with a wide-angle selfie camera
"To this day, nobody has offered us anything for any player and we have not made any offer".
- German lobby calls for fast Brexit deal on trade
- Grenfell Tower families to receive minimum of £5500 from No 10
- Elon Musk gives promising update on creating a tunnel network under LA
- Technology CEOs urged to join Trump initiative
- Seattle Police Kill Pregnant Woman Who Called 911 For Help
- Google leverages search engine expertise to launch robust employment engine
- Still in Critical Condition After London Fire
- Donald Trump blasts court for ruling against travel ban at "dangerous time"
- London tower block fire death toll reaches 79
- 8 things to know about Monday's severe storms and flash flooding