During an interview with Business Insider, Phil Spencer, head of Xbox division, gave a simple "no" when the media asked if sales of Xbox One X will generate profits for Microsoft. It has eight custom x86 cores clocked at 2.3GHz, 6 teraflops of graphics performance and 12GB of GDDR5 RAM. PlayStation is on the other end of the spectrum, releasing their own VR headset and spending a good portion of Monday night's press conference announcing new games for the headset. It's kind of like saying that when a developer makes a PC game do they make it to a fixed low-end set, where there are all of these switches that people can go in and turn on... While rival Sony trotted out canned trailers of several PlayStation-exclusive titles that won't launch until 2018, Spencer said Microsoft wanted to stick to games that players would be able to get their hands on sooner rather than later.More news: Jelena Ostapenko vs Caroline Wozniacki
He admitted there's "no doubt" Microsoft will sell more $379 Xbox One S consoles next year than they will Xbox One Xs.
The Xbox One X, meanwhile, is aimed at the "high-end gamer", and it has a price point that reflects that. It's expensive because it's powerful (in fairness, it is far more powerful than any other Xbox One). This is particularly important for rendering high res textures, since both consoles aim to offer 4K quality. Spencer replied: "I didn't answer it that way". "If you're on PC you're going to be about $1500 or so, so that's another area", Ybarra said.More news: Wife of Virginia shooter James Hodgkinson: 'I'm sorry that he did this'
Original Xbox games are not the only thing from the 16-year-old console to be making a comeback. They want to show their game in the best possible way.
Microsoft has been keen to include its PC user base in future gaming plans as shown by the Xbox Play Anywhere initiative, which debuted past year.More news: Trump's friend says he might fire Mueller
- Standing ovation for triumphant Jeremy Corbyn
- French Parliamentary Elections: What to Watch For
- Why didn't Usher perform at Ariana Grande's One Love Manchester benefit concert?
- Restraint evident in Castile protests
- Brian Harman aiming to defend one-shot lead
- Fultz works out for 76ers, amid draft trade talks
- Rallies against Sharia Law draw counter-protests in KC, across the US
- Vehicle Strikes Pedestrians in London; 'A Number of Casualties,' Police Say
- This Week In The Business: Xbox One Stand-Off
- Pence hires veteran Washington lawyer to handle Russian Federation probe