"He is more responsive, and is speaking with his loved ones", Scalise's account tweeted, with a note that there will be no further updates.More news: Jay Z Confirms New Album '4:44' Coming June 30
Investigators say he shot House Rep. Steve Scalise before he was killed by police who had been guarding the congressman. The doctor described how a bullet from an assault rifle entered Scalise's hip and traversed his pelvis, shattering blood vessels, bones and internal organs along the way.
A lobbyist shot multiple times and critically injured also remains hospitalized.
President Donald Trump visited Scalise at the hospital Wednesday night and later said in a speech, "He's a great fighter and he's going to be OK, we hope". Scalise has been an avid participant in the game since arriving in Congress in 2008.More news: Has Drew Barrymore Moved on from Ex Will Kopelman?
Bailey was spotted Friday in the Capitol, on crutches and out of uniform, accepting congratulations from fellow officers.
A member of Scalise's staff read a statement from Jennifer Scalise, the congressman's wife. He sustained a relatively minor injury Wednesday morning as he and other officers engaged with a gunman who shot up a practice of the GOP baseball team. Leaders decided the game would go on as scheduled at Nationals Park in Washington, home of the city's professional baseball team, and the Democrats won, 11 to 2.
U.S. Representative Steve Scalise, the No. 3 House Republican, has shown improvement over the last 36 hours after being shot by a gunman who opened fire on Republican lawmakers at a baseball practice earlier in the week, his lead surgeon said on Friday. His condition is critical, and he will require additional operations.More news: Several Sailors' Bodies Found on Stricken Navy Destroyer
The list, recovered by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, was found in James T. Hodgkinson's pocket, according to The Daily Caller. None of the victims injured in the attack were on the list, the law enforcement source said.
- Gap on climate change unveiled at G7 ministerial meeting in Italy
- GJM-police clashes: One killed, IRB officer seriously injured
- Murder inquiry as teen found dead in water park after 'brutal' attack
- Newtown-area NBC station won't air Megyn Kelly's interview with Alex Jones
- Andy Murray's march continues in Kei Nishikori fight back
- Exchange rates stable despite Fed rate hikes
- Macron's party claims parliament victory despite low turnout
- Trump, working with Ivanka, to push expanded apprenticeship programs
- Moto Z2 specifications leak, SD 835, 4GB RAM and more
- Golden Knights 'willing to negotiate deals' so National Hockey League teams can protect assets