Record, another sports daily, carried a similar story.
The prosecutor's office in the Spanish capital is alleging that the Portuguese global knowingly used a business structure created in 2010 to hide his income from Spanish authorities.
Portuguese newspapers on Friday, while reporting that Ronaldo wants to leave Real Madrid, listed Manchester United, Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) and Monaco among the potential suitors for the player and that they might table an offer of 180 million euros ($201 million).More news: Hammond Pours Cold Water on Hopes of Soft Brexiteers
Spain's AS reported that Ronaldo had chose to quit Real two months ago, before the Champions League final victory, telling his agent Jorge Mendes and other close associates that he felt "badly treated and unjustly judged".
"I had the same situation with Manchester United when he wanted to leave and I signed him".
In November, he agreed to extend his Real contract until 2021 with a buyout clause understood to be 1billion euros ($A1.47 billion).More news: WWE Money In The Bank 2017
Ronaldo has frequently verbally committed himself to Real, and he's made no secret of his love for living in the Spanish capital.
The Portuguese attacker, who led Madrid to the La Liga title and Champions League glory last season, shocked just about everyone after news emerged of his desire to leave the Santiago Bernabeu this summer.
Given that Ronaldo is now away on worldwide duty with Portugal at the Confederations Cup, no decision is likely to arrive on his future any time soon.
Ronaldo is rightly considered as one of the greatest players of all time, having enjoyed a storied, trophy laden career with Manchester United and Real Madrid in which he has laid his hands on every trophy there is to win in club competitions. They have accused him of evading tax of €14.7m (£13m, $16m).More news: Flash flood alerts extended, Tropical Wave remains across Jamaica
- Russian Federation 2-0 New Zealand: Hosts win Confederations Cup Group A opener
- Arnold Palmer's 1960 US Open win honored at Erin
- Koepka in control and with a 1-shot lead at US Open
- Taliban storm Afghan police compound; 1 police dead
- Carlos Pena Set To Become Rangers Third Summer Signing
- Mexico snatch draw with Portugal in Confederations Cup
- Senate Makes It Harder for Trump to Lift Russian Sanctions
- Confederations Cup: Portugal 2-2 Mexico
- Getting to double digits is tough, staying there is tougher
- Pakistan wins Champions Trophy, crushes archrival India