Record, another sports daily, carried a similar story.
The prosecutor's office in the Spanish capital is alleging that the Portuguese global knowingly used a business structure created in 2010 to hide his income from Spanish authorities.
Portuguese newspapers on Friday, while reporting that Ronaldo wants to leave Real Madrid, listed Manchester United, Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) and Monaco among the potential suitors for the player and that they might table an offer of 180 million euros ($201 million).More news: Mexico snatch draw with Portugal in Confederations Cup
Spain's AS reported that Ronaldo had chose to quit Real two months ago, before the Champions League final victory, telling his agent Jorge Mendes and other close associates that he felt "badly treated and unjustly judged".
"I had the same situation with Manchester United when he wanted to leave and I signed him".
In November, he agreed to extend his Real contract until 2021 with a buyout clause understood to be 1billion euros ($A1.47 billion).More news: Japan: Missing US sailors found dead in Fitzgerald destroyer
Ronaldo has frequently verbally committed himself to Real, and he's made no secret of his love for living in the Spanish capital.
The Portuguese attacker, who led Madrid to the La Liga title and Champions League glory last season, shocked just about everyone after news emerged of his desire to leave the Santiago Bernabeu this summer.
Given that Ronaldo is now away on worldwide duty with Portugal at the Confederations Cup, no decision is likely to arrive on his future any time soon.
Ronaldo is rightly considered as one of the greatest players of all time, having enjoyed a storied, trophy laden career with Manchester United and Real Madrid in which he has laid his hands on every trophy there is to win in club competitions. They have accused him of evading tax of €14.7m (£13m, $16m).More news: More Bad News For Jared Kushner as Mueller Follows the Money
- Hammond Pours Cold Water on Hopes of Soft Brexiteers
- Senate Makes It Harder for Trump to Lift Russian Sanctions
- Golden State Warriors: This is just the beginning
- Pakistan wins Champions Trophy, crushes archrival India
- Trump attorney says president not under investigation
- Thousands Protest Acquittal of Officer in Fatal Shooting of Philando Castile
- WWE Money In The Bank 2017
- US Senate votes to impose new sanctions on Russian Federation and Iran
- London fire: Government staff drafted to help victims
- Trump's attorney contradicts himself on investigation denial