We played without confidence, couldn't connect two or three passes.
- Carlo Ancelotti, after Bayern Munich lost out to Real Madrid in the UEFA Champions League semifinals via two offside goals from Cristiano Ronaldo. So we have to stay calm and think about the next game.
The Euro 2016 winners kicked on again in the game's closing stages and Cedric netted with the help of a Hector Herrera deflection, but Moreno responded to earn a share of the spoils, with further talk of Ronaldo's uncertain club future sure to follow Portugal to their next match against Group A leaders Russian Federation. However, the VAR disallowed the goal for an offside infringement earlier in the move.More news: Trump's Son-in-Law Kushner Is Subject of Special Counsel's Russia Probe
As is often the case, Ronaldo thundered his set-piece straight at the wall after lining up for it, but showed excellent skill to crack a left-foot shot at goal in the aftermath that bounced back off the bar.
Spanish prosecutors have accused Ronaldo of evading tax of 14.7 million euros (£13m), which he has denied.
Mexican fans were in fine voice in the Kazan Arena and Osorio was delighted with the welcome his players received.
He skipped the post-match press conference which he was supposed to attend as the man of the match. Moments after Memo Ochoa was forced to make a brilliant save, tipping the ball over the bar after it was headed by his own defender Carlos Salcedo, Portugal pounced. Raphael Guerreiro miskicked a cross into the box, allowing Carlos Vela to play the ball back in for Hernandez to score. "We're very happy with this first game".More news: 'Trooping the color' in London for queen's official birthday
Portugal thought they had snatched victory in the closing stages of the match, as Cedric Soares' deflected effort found the corner of Mexico's net with four minutes of normal time remaining.
Ochoa made a great diving save in the 85th to keep young Portugal forward Andre Silva from scoring with a header.
Mexico, the 1999 winners, struggled to match Fernando Santos' side as Portugal hit their stride halfway through the first half and Ronaldo provided Quaresma with a simple finish after the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) had ruled out a goal for Nani.More news: Rallies against Sharia Law draw counter-protests in KC, across the US
- FBI Finds 'Hit List' On Body of Alexandria Shooter
- Gunfire heard at Mali resort area popular with foreigners
- Rita Ora helps sort donations for London fire victims
- Trump In Heap Of Trouble
- Top LeT terrorist Junaid Mattoo killed in J&K encounter
- India vs Pakistan hockey final : An emotional affair on the cards
- Recap with 2 Hours Left, Porsche vs Jackie Chan to the End
- Standing ovation for triumphant Jeremy Corbyn
- Taliban Attack Kills Five Afghan Police, Injures 15
- Xbox One X vs. PS4 Pro Specs, Features