The Blues have elected to protect Jake Allen, Patrik Berglund, Jay Bouwmeester, Joel Edmundson, Alex Pietrangelo, Ryan Reaves, Jaden Schwartz, Paul Stastny, Vladimir Sobotka, Alexander Steen and Vladimir Tarasenko.
Vegas must pick one player from each team and select 14 forwards, nine defensemen and three goaltenders. The incoming Vegas Golden Knights can begin to take shape now that they know who's available to them.
The Montreal Canadiens recouped a third-round pick from the Buffalo Sabres for 24-year-old defenseman Nathan Beaulieu, who has a connection to Vegas coach Gerard Gallant and would've been left exposed in the expansion draft.More news: Seager drives in 3 as Mariners beat Rangers 7-3
Mike Smith went from Arizona to Calgary and a couple of defensemen traded places as National Hockey League teams made last-minute moves before the Vegas expansion draft roster freeze.
This was also a no-brainer, as Crawford has a no-movement clause on his contract. The fifth-year player, however, won't be ready for the start of the season after having surgery to fix a shoulder injury.
The Blackhawks could technically not lose a player in the expansion draft if they worked out a deal with the Knights.
It's expected some teams will make deals with Vegas to not select a certain player on their roster. Ward lived up to the expectations of the three-year, $9.75 million contract he signed with the Sharks in July 2015 when he collected seven goals and 13 points during the team's run to the Stanley Cup Final last spring.More news: UK: Banned building materials suspected in London fire
Based on previous mock drafts, McPhee doesn't expect the Golden Knights to have any difficulty getting to the NHL's minimum payroll of 60 percent of the $75 million salary cap.
Sunday, June 18 Deadline for Central Registry to approve and simultaneously distribute the Protection Lists to all NHL Clubs (including the Expansion Club) and the NHLPA (10 a.m. ET).
Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau are both unprotected because they're pending-unrestricted free agents.
Aside from the Knights, the other 30 teams are now under a roster freeze until Thursday.More news: Confederations Cup-2017: Portugal and Mexico went to a draw
- Homeowner Attacks Robbery Suspects with Machete, Takes Away Gun
- Psyonix: Rocket League Cross Play on PS4 is 'Political Barrier'
- Verizon completes $4.5bn acquisition of yahoo
- After jury deadlocks, Bill Cosby faces 2nd sex assault trial
- Hosts Russia see off New Zealand in opener — FIFA Confederations Cup
- Brooks Koepka caps a record week with US Open title
- Cricket fraternity congratulate Pakistan for Champions Trophy 2017 win
- Authorities say 32 injured in deck collapse
- Other view: Scalise shooting: Playing congressional baseball game shows needed unity
- Korea is in a state of unresponsive wakefulness, doctors say