Meanwhile, the top attorney for the Trump transition team has ordered the organization's staff to preserve all records related to Mueller's widening investigation. Comey also testified he had told Trump he was not under investigation.
Trump, who celebrated his 71st birthday Wednesday, refrained from commenting until Thursday morning.
In a second Tweet, Trump echoed previous claims that he is the victim of what he says is the "single greatest witch hunt in American political history".
President Donald Trump has taken on "obsessive behavior", constantly sending out defensive tweets, saving morning news programs to watch later and even blurting out during meetings that he's not under investigation, Politico reported Thursday.More news: Champions Trophy : India bowl against Pakistan in final
Sessions explained to the Senate Intelligence Committee that Comey's concern pertained to the protocol though which the Department of Justice communicated with the White House.
There has been no indication that Mr Mueller told the president to fire Mr Comey.
The new allegations against Trump center on his own admission that he fired Comey because of the Russian Federation investigation, and suggestions he asked several top intelligence officials for their help altering the inquiry's direction.
In a tweet, the president also seemed to accuse the USA deputy attorney general of pursuing a "Witch Hunt".More news: Russian Federation relieved after passing first World Cup test
Trump appeared to be responding to reports this week that the FBI is investigating Trump's decision to fire FBI Director James Comey and his apparent attempts to quash the bureau's investigation of former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.
Director of National Intelligence Daniel Coats, National Security Agency's head Mike Rogers, and Rogers's recently departed deputy Richard Ledgett agreed to be interviewed by Mueller's investigators as early as this week, the Post reported.More news: Cosby prosecutor undeterred by mistrial, vows to try again
- 58 people confirmed or presumed dead from London tower fire
- Koepka wins US Open
- Zidane pleads with Ronaldo after 'I quit' bombshell
- Putin says US sanctions will 'complicate relations'
- Tillerson waters down statement that Palestinians 'changed policy' of terror payments
- German minister sees hope of 'soft' Brexit, with conditions
- Cladding used in London's Grenfell Tower is 'banned in Britain'
- HUD Secretary Ben Carson: Give Robert Mueller a chance on Russian Federation probe
- Trump lawyer: President not under investigation in Russia probe
- Amir, Fakhar lead Pakistan to Champions Trophy triumph