Earlier that day, a Florida Highway Patrol trooper brought the suspect to the hospital.
A shooting at a Florida hospital left one person injured, and the suspect was taken into custody.
- State troopers released the name of a man who shot a nurse inside of an Ocala hospital.More news: Obstruction of justice case on Trump
FHP said the nurse is in stable condition.
West Marion Community Hospital and its owner, HCA Healthcare, have not responded to WESH 2 News requests for information or comment on the incident. After the third time troopers encountered him, he said he was ill and asked to be taken to a hospital.
Riordan said the man grabbed a trooper's gun and fired.More news: FIFA Confederations Cup Opening Ceremony Starts in Russia's St. Petersburg
Though the nurse was shot in the leg, Ocala firefighters were cleared from the scene when they arrived, firefighters said.
Marion County jail records show Gignac was charged Sunday with battery on a law enforcement officer and resisting a law enforcement officer with violence. Three troopers also suffered minor injuries while struggling with Gignac.More news: Oscar's kicks spark on-field tussle in Chinese Super League
- In spite of tweet, lawyer says Trump not under investigation
- German reunification architect Helmut Kohl dies at 87
- Five key moments that propelled Pakistan to Champions Trophy glory
- Trump again acknowledges he's under investigation
- USA crude stockpiles dip, gasoline builds unexpectedly
- Marks & Spencer Group (LON:MKS) Broker Roundup
- Banned building materials suspected in London fire
- Real Madrid Star Cristiano Ronaldo Seriously Considering Man Utd Return This Summer
- Pokemon Go Is Revamping Gyms And Adding Legendaries (Sort Of)
- Gingrich on Trump's WH Bid: 'Lot More Fun Than a Yacht'