Earlier that day, a Florida Highway Patrol trooper brought the suspect to the hospital.
A shooting at a Florida hospital left one person injured, and the suspect was taken into custody.
- State troopers released the name of a man who shot a nurse inside of an Ocala hospital.More news: 'Trump under probe for obstructing justice'
FHP said the nurse is in stable condition.
West Marion Community Hospital and its owner, HCA Healthcare, have not responded to WESH 2 News requests for information or comment on the incident. After the third time troopers encountered him, he said he was ill and asked to be taken to a hospital.
Riordan said the man grabbed a trooper's gun and fired.More news: Banned building materials suspected in London fire
Though the nurse was shot in the leg, Ocala firefighters were cleared from the scene when they arrived, firefighters said.
Marion County jail records show Gignac was charged Sunday with battery on a law enforcement officer and resisting a law enforcement officer with violence. Three troopers also suffered minor injuries while struggling with Gignac.More news: Real Madrid Star Cristiano Ronaldo Seriously Considering Man Utd Return This Summer
- Portugal awaits foreign aid to help battle fires
- Google launches four new steps to battle terrorism
- USA crude stockpiles dip, gasoline builds unexpectedly
- Marks & Spencer Group (LON:MKS) Broker Roundup
- FIFA Confederations Cup Opening Ceremony Starts in Russia's St. Petersburg
- Trump again acknowledges he's under investigation
- Pakistan thrash holders India to win Champions Trophy
- Deadlocked Cosby jury resumes deliberations on Friday
- Gingrich on Trump's WH Bid: 'Lot More Fun Than a Yacht'
- Cosby team triumphant, but retrial, lawsuits loom