With President Donald Trump blasting reports that he is under investigation for possible obstruction of justice, Trump ally and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said any charge wouldn't stick for one simple reason.
Gingrich said there's "no evidence" the president ever impeded any Russian Federation investigation and Trump fired the FBI director because "Comey's public behavior was so destructive".
So, the fantasy that didn't occur is now being replaced by - by the way, technically, the president of the United States can not obstruct justice. "Look for the collusion, '" Gingrich said during a discussion about his new book, Understanding Trump, at the National Press Club. The left right now is engaged in the Salem witchcraft process. "Witch Hunt", Trump tweeted.More news: Vehicle Strikes Pedestrians in London; 'A Number of Casualties,' Police Say
Mueller has reportedly for the federal investigation into possible ties between the Trump campaign and Russian Federation, and plans to hire more. He said a reported investigation of Trump for obstruction of justice in the Russia probe - which Trump himself said is happening - is related to a failed attempt to prove election collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, which Gingrich called the "Russia Fantasy". "It's about the witchcraft trials in the late 17 Century in Salem, and actually that's the mentality of the left right now".
Such tweets aren't helping, Gingrich said.
It's clear that Gingrich, along with many other Republican allies of the president, is becoming unhinged as this investigation worsens for Trump.
Gingrich on Friday said he has warned the president and Trump's aides of just how serious the current investigations are. Nobody on Capitol Hill has any proof that I did anything with the Russians.More news: Pres. Trump acknowledges he's being investigated
'Turns out, even Dianne Feinstein, the ranking Democrat on the (Senate) intelligence committee, says there is zero evidence of collusion.
Appearing on ABC's This Week, Gingrich noted that the president "has a compulsion to counter-attack and is very pugnacious". His reputation is impeccable for honesty and integrity.
Newt Gingrich took to Twitter early Thursday, and his words were straight to the point. "Media should now calm down".More news: Trump's friend says he might fire Mueller
- Restraint evident in Castile protests
- Cristiano Ronaldo Pulls Off Sublime Assist For Ricardo Quaresma
- Jelena Ostapenko vs Caroline Wozniacki
- Wife of Virginia shooter James Hodgkinson: 'I'm sorry that he did this'
- This Week In The Business: Xbox One Stand-Off
- Fultz works out for 76ers, amid draft trade talks
- Old issues return as muddle-headed England lose to Pakistan
- Federation Internationale de Football Association sells 65% of tickets for Confederations Cup matches
- White House: Trump 'has no intention' to fire Mueller
- Murray eyes Federer and Nadal as Wimbledon title threats