"So to score that goal was a special feeling for me", said the striker.
"But the second one we had the ball on the counter and we've lost it and we weren't set up to defend".
That timely intervention, just moments after two free-kicks by Leigh Griffiths had taken Scotland to the verge of a first win in this fixture in 17 years, maintained England's unbeaten qualifying campaign at the top of Group F.More news: Ward retains titles with TKO win
In Glasgow, Kane marked his first match as captain with an equalizer three minutes into injury time in a match between old enemies that burst into life in the dying moments. "They were heavyweight boxers, we were middleweight".
Kane ruthlessly finished Raheem Sterling's superb cross to deny Scotland a historic win but said being told he was captain was the most special moment.
"I can't be annoyed", Strachan said.More news: Iran Arrests 7 Accused of Aiding Deadly Tehran Attacks
Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain opened the scoring for Gareth Southgate's England team before a brace from Celtic striker Leigh Griffiths appeared to put the Scottish on course for a shock victory. I was just trying to do my best for the team. We've got to take the finish. "It's probably a similar scenario to October, where Jordan Henderson captained the team in the first game and was starting the second".
"This was one of the best stadiums I've ever played in. We knew it was going to be tough away from home, worldwide qualifier, Scotland are doing everything to stay in the World Cup".
"I don't think Scotland are far off", he said. "I don't think there's anything Joe Hart could have done about them and you have to give credit where it is due".
England vs Scotland went from a bang average game of football to absolute madness In the space of eight minutes. "The most important thing was trying to get the three points". It looked like we would go on and win the game at that stage, but out of nowhere they score two freekicks. "And, if we play like that, we've got a great chance".More news: Keller leads Charleston to 3-0 win over Columbia
"You have short-term objectives in winning individual games but in the background a lot of the work we're doing is to start to prepare us for the finals".
- Fakhar, Amir sparkle as Pakistan stun India
- Gatland drafts in reserves for Lions; Donald to lead Chiefs
- Hamilton Closes Gap In Formula One Championship Race
- Euro zone yields off lows as U.S. policymakers hike rates again
- Grenfell Tower fire was a preventable accident, Sadiq Khan says
- Ram Nath Kovind nearly certain to become the next Indian President
- Canadian Henderson tames strong winds for fourth LPGA win
- 'Further expenses' will be covered for Grenfell Tower victims, Government vows
- Protesters block NH 31A at some places in Darjeeling district
- Building materials in London fire under scrutiny