Antonio Conte is keen to strengthen his side ahead of their return to the Champions League and had identified the Brazilian as an upgrade on current left wing-back Marcos Alonso.
It hasn't transpired that way as he has been made to wait, while his handling of Diego Costa and the text message to inform him that he no longer had a role in his plans at Chelsea didn't go down well with the club hierarchy. The Juventus general manager, Beppe Marotta, indicated over the weekend that an initial offer for Sandro had been rejected.More news: Transfer Rumour: Real Madrid place €150 million price tag on Cristiano Ronaldo
Alex Sandro was widely linked with a move to the Premier League last season, but stayed with Juventus and has since enjoyed much success.
"We said no, but today players are masters of their own destiny".
Chelsea are, as The Guardian suggest, hoping that an improved bid of £55m for Sandro, who has seven caps for Brazil, could tempt Juventus to part with the left-back.More news: Other view: Scalise shooting: Playing congressional baseball game shows needed unity
Chelsea are yet to add to their squad this summer though Standard Sport understands former Manchester City goalkeeper Willy Caballero could become their first signing on July 1.
Conte signed five players in the 2016 summer transfer window as the retired right-back put his stamp on the Chelsea squad.More news: Trump Confirms He Is Under Investigation And Blames His Own Justice Department
- India favourites to lift Champions Trophy: Kohil's childhood coach
- UT/TT Poll: Despite Russia inquiry, Texas GOP voters solidly trust Trump
- Greatest Wildfire in Portugal kills 62
- Korea fires multiple anti-ship missiles: S. Korean military
- Congressional Baseball Gunman Had List of GOP Lawmakers' Names
- Shahbaz Sharif says biased JIT targetting his family
- Vehicle strikes several pedestrians on London road
- Burling, Kiwis beat Oracle third time in America's Cup
- Korea is in a state of unresponsive wakefulness, doctors say
- Russian warplanes kill 2 top IS commanders: Defence Ministry