Antonio Conte is keen to strengthen his side ahead of their return to the Champions League and had identified the Brazilian as an upgrade on current left wing-back Marcos Alonso.
It hasn't transpired that way as he has been made to wait, while his handling of Diego Costa and the text message to inform him that he no longer had a role in his plans at Chelsea didn't go down well with the club hierarchy. The Juventus general manager, Beppe Marotta, indicated over the weekend that an initial offer for Sandro had been rejected.More news: Rizzo's leadoff homer streak ends _ barely, on replay review
Alex Sandro was widely linked with a move to the Premier League last season, but stayed with Juventus and has since enjoyed much success.
"We said no, but today players are masters of their own destiny".
Chelsea are, as The Guardian suggest, hoping that an improved bid of £55m for Sandro, who has seven caps for Brazil, could tempt Juventus to part with the left-back.More news: Korea fires multiple anti-ship missiles: S. Korean military
Chelsea are yet to add to their squad this summer though Standard Sport understands former Manchester City goalkeeper Willy Caballero could become their first signing on July 1.
Conte signed five players in the 2016 summer transfer window as the retired right-back put his stamp on the Chelsea squad.More news: Xbox One X Enhanced Games: Here's What It Means
- Authorities: Teen slain after leaving mosque, man arrested
- Transfer Rumour: Real Madrid place €150 million price tag on Cristiano Ronaldo
- Verizon completes $4.5bn acquisition of yahoo
- Burling, Kiwis beat Oracle third time in America's Cup
- Vehicle strikes several pedestrians on London road
- Reports Swirl About Beyonce's Twins, But No Confirmation
- Hideki Matsuyama closes with 6-under 66 in US Open
- Russian warplanes kill 2 top IS commanders: Defence Ministry
- Korea is in a state of unresponsive wakefulness, doctors say
- India favourites to lift Champions Trophy: Kohil's childhood coach