Gingrich - whose wife Callista is Trump's nominee for US ambassador to the Vatican - was promoting his new book titled "Understanding Trump". I talk to college students regularly who say to me if they openly are for Trump, they get threatened.
"I think this whole game of recusal now, this is a nightmare", Gingrich said.
Gingrich on Friday said he has warned the president and Trump's aides of just how serious the current investigations are.More news: Protesters block NH 31A at some places in Darjeeling district
The Trump administration's apparent decision to hire his family party planner to run multi-billion-dollar federal housing programs in NY and New Jersey is in keeping with many of his appointees, who have no actual credentials in the field.
The former Speaker went on to refer to then-Deputy Attorney General James Comey appointing U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald to investigate the unauthorized disclosure of the identity of a Central Intelligence Agency employee.
"I keep telling everybody at the White House, this is not like NY real estate law, this is criminal law", he said. "This intensity has been building, I think, since election night".
"They're going to get somebody".More news: Hamilton Closes Gap In Formula One Championship Race
Trump added that the investigation was "the single greatest WITCH HUNT" in United States political history and is being led "by some very bad and conflicted people!"
"We start over here on Russian Federation, well they don't have anything on Russian Federation, but maybe there was obstruction, we may not get anything on obstruction, but maybe there's going to be perjury".
"Robert Mueller is superb choice to be special counsel".
After stating his shock that the president has anyone at all supporting him given the "endless barrage" of negative, hostile press surrounding him from the day he first announced he was running for office, Gingrich quoted a Harvard study that found a shocking but not surprising 93 percent of media coverage of President Trump was negative.More news: Ward retains titles with TKO win
Gingrich has soured on Mueller since the Washington Post report and also the discovery that several of the staffers hired by Mueller have given money to Democratic candidates.
- Wes: Areas of rain and storms will linger into the morning hours
- Koepka wins US Open Title
- Fakhar, Amir sparkle as Pakistan stun India
- Keller leads Charleston to 3-0 win over Columbia
- Japan, other nations face difficulties changing US Paris accord decision
- Taliban attack kills five Afghan police, injures 18
- How Many Marks and Spencer Group Plc (LON:MKS)'s Analysts Are Bearish?
- Draymond Green and LeBron James are having an NBA Finals Insta-beef
- 'Further expenses' will be covered for Grenfell Tower victims, Government vows
- Gatland drafts in reserves for Lions; Donald to lead Chiefs