The Straight Blast Gym head-coach tweeted "10 weeks #McGregorVsMayweather" alongside an image of himself and The Notorious One. Mayweather, at the age of 40, will also be the much older competitor in this bout against a 28 year-old McGregor in his prime.
The contest, nearly certain to be the biggest grossing event in boxing history, was confirmed on Wednesday and is set to take place at the MGM Grand Garden in Las Vegas on August 26.
Unless you just returned to civilization moments ago, you already know that on Wednesday, it was announced McGregor and Mayweather will box August 26th.More news: Confederations Cup gives Cristiano Ronaldo another chance at glory
Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor will square off in a boxing match on August 26, according to two two people with knowledge of the deal.
Correia does see one way the UFC lightweight champ might have a chance.
Mayweather's pay-per-view record eclipsed the previous best for his title fight against Oscar de la Hoya in 2007, which pulled in 2.48m. "Conor McGregor is huge", UFC president White told Conan. When you go out and you put everything on line - I've said this about Floyd Mayweather for years. If you bet $100 on McGregor and he wins, you would win $700.
"The kid has unbelievable charisma and is a great fighter". I think that fight was so big and everybody was going so insane about it, that a lot of mistakes were made that cost them money, which is hilarious to say because that's the biggest money-making fight of all time. "I think people would love to see it".More news: GOP's Scalise Upgraded to Serious Condition After More Surgery
McGregor does have no professional boxing experience to speak of, which is a big concern of Butterbean's in getting the fight approved.
After all, according to Pacquiao, the success of the fight will depend largely on the reception of fans.
He said: "It's definitely going to be the biggest fight ever in combat sports history and probably going to be the biggest pay day ever".
Floyd Mayweather is one of the best boxers in history.More news: Pakistan Defeat India To Win Champions Trophy
- London protesters demand answers over fire tragedy
- VAR Is The Star As Chile Slip Past Cameroon
- 30000 from Andhra Pradesh for UPSC Prelims today
- In tweets, Trump confirms he's under investigation
- GOP VA Governor's Primary Comes Down to the Wire, Gillespie Edging Stewart
- Ward demands pound-for-pound recognition after Kovalev stoppage
- Canadian Henderson tames strong winds for fourth LPGA win
- Black gun owners worried by acquittal in Castile shooting
- Real Madrid need you: Zidane to Ronaldo
- Four foreign inmates escape Bali jail using tunnel