Mika, a MI native, was one of five people shot when a gunman opened fire Wednesday as the Republican team practiced in Alexandria, Virginia.
Hodgkinson opened fire on dozens of Republican congressmen and staffers at a baseball practice in Alexandria, Virginia, on Wednesday.
James Hodgkinson, 66, who died in an exchange of gunfire with law enforcement during the shootout in Alexandria, Va., on Wednesday, had a list in his pocket that included U.S. Reps.
Fox News reported that it had confirmed the existence of a list found in Hodgkinson's possession, containing names of Republicans. It happened while Republican congressmen were practicing for the annual Congressional Baseball Game.More news: Xbox One X Enhanced Games: Here's What It Means
"Nobody would have survived without the Capitol Hill police", Paul said on CNN.
This evidence may prove the fact that Hodgkinson's attack was not a random crime, but instead a calculated, premeditated political assassination attempt. His social media showed an intense opposition to the GOP and Donald Trump, and he had reportedly volunteered for the Bernie Sanders campaign in Iowa.
Hodgkinson was shot by Capitol Police on the scene after allegedly opening fire and wounded Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., and three others.
Also wounded in the attack were Congressional staffer Zachary Barth, Tyson Foods' Director of Government Relations Matt Mika, and Capitol Police Officer Crystal Griner.More news: Japan: Missing US sailors found dead in Fitzgerald destroyer
O'Connor said Bost's office has turned over all of their communications from Hodgkinson to U.S. Capitol Police.
In his first public comments since the shooting, Dr. Jack Sava of MedStar Washington Hospital Center said it's a "good possibility" that Scalise will be able to return to work in his full capacity. It is not clear whether the gunman specifically targeted them in the attack.
Doctors said Friday that Scalise had a second surgery on Thursday and although he remains in critical condition, his condition has improved.More news: Sports Real Exit Looms as Ronaldo's Agent Hold Secret Meeting With
- Confederations Cup: Portugal 2-2 Mexico
- Shahbaz Sharif says biased JIT targetting his family
- Draymond Tries to Troll Cavs at Warriors Parade, Gets Trolled by LeBron
- Mexico snatch dramatic late leveller to deny Portugal victory
- Trump Confirms He Is Under Investigation And Blames His Own Justice Department
- Trump's attorney contradicts himself on investigation denial
- Burling, Kiwis beat Oracle third time in America's Cup
- Thousands Protest Acquittal of Officer in Fatal Shooting of Philando Castile
- Hammond Pours Cold Water on Hopes of Soft Brexiteers
- Authorities: Teen slain after leaving mosque, man arrested