The European champions were to be denied victory in added time, as Hector Moreno headed in from a corner, with the aid of the post. We know we still have lots of opportunities, there are two games remaining and that's why we're calm.
Arturo Vidal and Eduardo Vargas fired Chile to a 2-0 win over Cameroon, but the game was once again dominated by the video assistant system which is being trialed at the Confederations Cup.More news: Korea is in a state of unresponsive wakefulness, doctors say
Participants in the 2017 Confederations Cup are hosts Russian Federation, 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions Germany, 2015 Copa America Champions Chile, 2015 AFC Asian Cup Champion Australia, 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup winners Mexico, 2016 UEFA Euro Cup champs Portugal, OFC (Oceania Football Confederation) Nations Cup victors New Zealand and 2017 CAF Africa Cup of Nations Champion Cameroon.
Mexico's all-time top scorer grabbed his 48th worldwide goal from 93 appearances after some terrible defending by Portugal.
The Portugal captain could not control the ball to shoot but his brilliant pass between three defenders left Quaresma free to round keeper Guillermo Ochoa and tap into the empty net. "It was a great result for Mexican football".More news: The Xbox One X is not the console for everyone
The UEFA and CONCACAF winners went head-to-head at Kazan Arena, and Portugal were the brighter of the two sides in a first half that was open and attacking.
"If we win we'll be close to qualifying so it's not the time to sound the alarm".
The FIFA Player of the Year, who had scored 11 goals in seven games coming into Sunday's encounter, was perhaps not as influential as usual but was still named man-of-the-match. Portugal had a first-half goal by Nani disallowed after a video review, when the game was still scoreless. "The draw is a fair result without doubt", said Portugal coach Fernando Santos, whose side wore black armbands in honour of the victims of a deadly forest fire back home.More news: Vehicle strikes several pedestrians on London road
"I think that, when football people enjoy the way we play, especially against a team like the one we faced, it's very positive", he said.
- Authorities say 32 injured in deck collapse
- After jury deadlocks, Bill Cosby faces 2nd sex assault trial
- Authorities: Teen slain after leaving mosque, man arrested
- UFC stars excited about McGregor vs Mayweather fight
- Donald Trump blasts obstruction of justice probe reports as 'phony'
- Seager drives in 3 as Mariners beat Rangers 7-3
- Majority of United States wants 'aggressive action' on climate change
- Congressional Baseball Gunman Had List of GOP Lawmakers' Names
- Homeowner Attacks Robbery Suspects with Machete, Takes Away Gun
- Brooks Koepka caps a record week with US Open title