The European champions were to be denied victory in added time, as Hector Moreno headed in from a corner, with the aid of the post. We know we still have lots of opportunities, there are two games remaining and that's why we're calm.
Arturo Vidal and Eduardo Vargas fired Chile to a 2-0 win over Cameroon, but the game was once again dominated by the video assistant system which is being trialed at the Confederations Cup.More news: Authorities: Teen slain after leaving mosque, man arrested
Participants in the 2017 Confederations Cup are hosts Russian Federation, 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions Germany, 2015 Copa America Champions Chile, 2015 AFC Asian Cup Champion Australia, 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup winners Mexico, 2016 UEFA Euro Cup champs Portugal, OFC (Oceania Football Confederation) Nations Cup victors New Zealand and 2017 CAF Africa Cup of Nations Champion Cameroon.
Mexico's all-time top scorer grabbed his 48th worldwide goal from 93 appearances after some terrible defending by Portugal.
The Portugal captain could not control the ball to shoot but his brilliant pass between three defenders left Quaresma free to round keeper Guillermo Ochoa and tap into the empty net. "It was a great result for Mexican football".More news: Korea is in a state of unresponsive wakefulness, doctors say
The UEFA and CONCACAF winners went head-to-head at Kazan Arena, and Portugal were the brighter of the two sides in a first half that was open and attacking.
"If we win we'll be close to qualifying so it's not the time to sound the alarm".
The FIFA Player of the Year, who had scored 11 goals in seven games coming into Sunday's encounter, was perhaps not as influential as usual but was still named man-of-the-match. Portugal had a first-half goal by Nani disallowed after a video review, when the game was still scoreless. "The draw is a fair result without doubt", said Portugal coach Fernando Santos, whose side wore black armbands in honour of the victims of a deadly forest fire back home.More news: Brooks Koepka caps a record week with US Open title
"I think that, when football people enjoy the way we play, especially against a team like the one we faced, it's very positive", he said.
- Donald Trump blasts obstruction of justice probe reports as 'phony'
- Shahbaz Sharif says biased JIT targetting his family
- The Xbox One X is not the console for everyone
- Juventus rejects Chelsea offer for Alex Sandro
- Trump Confirms He Is Under Investigation And Blames His Own Justice Department
- Other view: Scalise shooting: Playing congressional baseball game shows needed unity
- Verizon completes $4.5bn acquisition of yahoo
- UT/TT Poll: Despite Russia inquiry, Texas GOP voters solidly trust Trump
- Majority of United States wants 'aggressive action' on climate change
- Burling, Kiwis beat Oracle third time in America's Cup