Cristiano Ronaldo helped inspire a convincing 4-1 win over Juventus at the Millennium Stadium as they made history in the progress and became the first ever team to defend the Champions League trophy.
Ronaldo's second goal in the game - a cross from Luka Modric which he finished superbly from a tight angle - was the 600th goal of his career.
Ronaldo is however a player who will always divide opinion and it is maybe no surprise that the supporters of Real Madrid's arch rivals have found a reason to criticise him.More news: Can Amazon persuade enough people to buy fresh food online?
"The first half was even. Juventus came out strong".
A third Champions League win in four years has drawn comparisons to the great Real side that won the first five editions of the European Cup between 1955 and 1960. "It has been a spectacular year thanks to you", the Real coach said.More news: Bystander livestreams shooting on Facebook Live in US
"I can't say whether I'll stay for the rest of my life but I'm so grateful for the club for everything it has given me", Zidane told a news conference.
With his contract at the reigning champions of Spain set to expire it just over 12 months time, Isco admits he's keen to sort out his future as soon as possible despite being linked with moves to Liverpool and Barcelona. It's clear that these two players might feel like it's time to leave and play more minutes elsewhere but they were crucial at some point.
Although it was Real who opened the scoring through the clinical Ronaldo, the first half belonged to Juventus and, specifically, Mario Mandzukic, whose stunning overhead strike leveled the match for the Italians.More news: Ward demands pound-for-pound recognition after Kovalev stoppage
- Police Officer Attacked Near Paris' Notre Dame Cathedral
- Theresa May tries to quell public anger, meets fire victims
- Four foreign inmates escape Bali jail using tunnel
- London protesters demand answers over fire tragedy
- In tweets, Trump confirms he's under investigation
- Mamata called us terrorists, not ready for talks with WB govt: GJM
- Snubbed Over Bhagwat, Shiv Sena Suggests Swaminathan For President
- US Ethics Office Releases Trump Financial Disclosure Forms
- Confederations Cup gives Cristiano Ronaldo another chance at glory
- Real Madrid need you: Zidane to Ronaldo