Fultz would add another dynamic ballhandler to the Sixers' backcourt, which already includes Simmons, who the team plans to use as the point guard.
Markelle Fultz is expected by many to be the No. 1 pick in the draft.
- Legion Hoops (@LegionHoops) June 17, 2017Jimmy Butler will be a Celtic by Thursday night.More news: Rangers' expansion draft protected list released with no surprises
Fultz - donning a 76ers cap as he arrived at the team's practice facility - visited the team in a hastily arranged get-to-know-you session, with the workout and meeting with team officials on his itinerary.
Phoenix is very, very high on Lonzo Ball, who they think is the ideal fit next to Devin Booker in the backcourt, and that would be who they would trade up for.
By moving up to the No. 1 slot from its current No. 3 spot, Philadelphia would be able to secure the services of Fultz who would fit in well with the young corps of talented players on the 76ers roster including Ben Simmons, Dario Saric and Joel Embiid.
The Celtics would land the Lakers pick only if it's in the 2-5 range.
It would be a fair certainty that Philadelphia will be conveying either their own first-rounder in 2018 or the one in the same draft they acquired from the Lakers.More news: Election win gives Macron carte blanche
Drafting Jackson, or Jayson Tatum (the other guy they reportedly are high on), and keeping the pick seems like the fallback option for Boston.
Maybe so he can finally make a trade for one of the league's best players in Butler.
Jimmy Butler of the Chicago Bulls and the Indiana Pacers' Paul George are the two likely targets for the Celtics if they decide to flip the pick. However, the Bulls are going to ask for a lot for Butler (and rightfully so) and Boston probably won't be willing to give the Bulls exactly what they want.
For the standpoint the deal makes sense. Only time will tell.More news: Verizon completes $4.5bn acquisition of yahoo
- Uber CEO Travis Kalanick Will Take an Indefinite Leave of Absence
- The Xbox One X is not the console for everyone
- Qatar goes ahead with $12bn USA fighter jet deal despite Trump's criticism
- Congressman Scalise on the mend, now in 'serious' condition
- Putin warns new sanctions will 'complicate' ties between Russia and US
- Amber Alert issued for 1-year-old girl abducted from Licking County
- India favourites to lift Champions Trophy: Kohil's childhood coach
- Authorities say 32 injured in deck collapse
- Trump Allows DACA Program To Continue
- Donald Trump blasts obstruction of justice probe reports as 'phony'