Henderson has a solid lead over South Korean Hur Mi-Jung (66), Spaniard Carlota Ciganda (64) and Lexi Thompson of the USA in the US$2 million (RM8.55 million) LPGA Tour event. 7 and 8 and then adding one more birdie at No. 11. It's really cool to be able to make those putts under pressure.
I kind of let emotions get into things and I was chasing birdie to try and get it back, Henderson said.
Flooding caused the par five 5th hole to be played as a par three, which saw the course played as a par 69, meaning Thompson's round of 5-under par under was in fact a 64. The 19-year-old Canadian had seven birdieis, including four in a row, and three bogeys to reach 12-under 130 and break the 36-hole record.More news: Fakhar, Amir sparkle as Pakistan stun India
Afterwards, Henderson was unhappy with with how she ended Friday, and said that she hopes that will lead to better play through the weekend.
Now Henderson looks ahead to her title defense at the Women's PGA Championship on June 29-July 2 at Olympia Fields Country Club in IL on the heels of a win that was definitely worth the wait.
"This morning (my Dad) said, 'Do it for me, ' so this is definitely for him", said Henderson of her father. It is what it is.
"It was really tough (Sunday)", Henderson said.More news: Gatland drafts in reserves for Lions; Donald to lead Chiefs
Wie shared the lead early in the round and wound up with five birdies and no bogeys.
"I felt great from the start", the 19-year-old Henderson, already a triple victor on the LPGA circuit, told reporters. I was looking at birdie nearly every hole, which is quite nice. "I feel my game is in a really good place".
In a three-way tie for third at 266 were Su Oh, Madelene Sagstrom and Moriya Jutanugarn.
For Thompson, it was her 4th runner-up finish of the season to go with her win at the Kingsmill Championship and will move her to the top of the 2017 LPGA Tour money list. Her next tournament will be KPMG PGA Championship, where she'll look to defend her title from last season. "Hopefully I can go there to Olympia Fields and defend the championship that really defined my career a year ago".More news: Draymond Green and LeBron James are having an NBA Finals Insta-beef
- How Many Marks and Spencer Group Plc (LON:MKS)'s Analysts Are Bearish?
- 'Further expenses' will be covered for Grenfell Tower victims, Government vows
- Ward retains titles with TKO win
- Michael Hussey warns India about Pakistan's 'surprise factor'
- Japan, other nations face difficulties changing US Paris accord decision
- 30000 from Andhra Pradesh for UPSC Prelims today
- Building materials in London fire under scrutiny
- Keller leads Charleston to 3-0 win over Columbia
- Van attack near London mosque - one man killed, eight people injured
- Iran Arrests 7 Accused of Aiding Deadly Tehran Attacks