After the suspect opened fire, he carjacked a vehicle and got away.
"Officer is down. Multiple people down", Hinson exclaims in the video. An armed security officer witnessed the shooting and shot the shooter.
One of the shootings was livestreamed on Facebook by Bubba Hinson, who was staying at a hotel nearby.
The Facebook Live video of the shooting has since gone viral and has garnered over 2.7 million views (Warning: The video contains graphic content). The suspect's identity is being withheld while the person remains hospitalized.More news: Black gun owners worried by acquittal in Castile shooting
Police said the suspect has been apprehended, but have not released his name.
Seven people were take to the hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injures.
"Footage of the violent incident remained online as of Sunday afternoon".
Hinson told Myrtle Beach Online he began live-streaming after he noticed a large group of people stalling traffic on Ocean Boulevard.More news: Canadian Henderson tames strong winds for fourth LPGA win
"I'm fine", Reyes said, "but my family, they're on edge, and they're anxious now". No officer was shot or injured, though a patrol auto was stuck by rounds. "Then, they started fighting".
Lt. Crosby also noted that a police patrol auto was hit by gunfire.
When volunteer firefighter Bubba Hinson made a decision to visit the popular tourist destination Myrtle Beach, S.C., we're guessing the last thing he expected was to be live cameraman of a mass shooting.
Police cruisers and ambulances immediately responded to the scene.More news: Russian Federation eases to 2-0 Confederations Cup win over New Zealand
- VAR Is The Star As Chile Slip Past Cameroon
- Germany: no punishment for UK, but EU exit good for no one
- Pakistan Defeat India To Win Champions Trophy
- Fakhar, Amir sparkle as Pakistan stun India
- Gatland drafts in reserves for Lions; Donald to lead Chiefs
- Wes: Areas of rain and storms will linger into the morning hours
- US Ethics Office Releases Trump Financial Disclosure Forms
- Protesters block NH 31A at some places in Darjeeling district
- Building materials in London fire under scrutiny
- Keller leads Charleston to 3-0 win over Columbia