When the woman went in labour, the crew of flight 9W 569 declared a medical emergency and diverted to the nearest airport, which happened to be Mumbai.
Expressing their happiness, Jet Airways has offered the newly-born a free life time pass for all his travel on its airlines.
The plane landed in Mumbai and both the mother and the newborn were rushed to a hospital.
Jet Airways also informed Jose's family, who are rushing to Mumbai.More news: Trump Allows DACA Program To Continue
Private Indian airline Jet Airways has gifted free lifetime air tickets to a baby born aboard one of its flights from Saudi Arabia to India.
A woman gave birth to a baby while flying at a height of 35,000 feet on Jet Airways's Dammam-Kochi flight.
The Kochi-bound baby isn't the first child to be born high in the sky this year.
The airline proudly announced the birth in a statement.More news: Andy Murray's march continues in Kei Nishikori fight back
Mother Nafi Diaby was 28 weeks pregnant when contractions began to set in, and safely delivered a daughter named Kadiju with the help of cabin staff.
While the plane was still over the Arabian Sea she was helped by crew members and a nurse travelling to Kerala to deliver a baby.
This isn't the first baby born mid-air recently either - a traveller went into early labour onboard a Turkish Airlines flight between Istanbul and Burkina Faso in April. For instance, doctors might recommend women wear compression stockings or do in-seat leg exercises to reduce the risk of blood clots.More news: Brooks Koepka caps a record week with US Open title
- Could Trump's "witch hunt" tweet come back to haunt him?
- Hosts Russia see off New Zealand in opener — FIFA Confederations Cup
- Donald Trump blasts obstruction of justice probe reports as 'phony'
- Congressman Scalise on the mend, now in 'serious' condition
- Kiwis beat Oracle in first 2 America's Cup races in Bermuda
- Weapons used in Republican baseball shooting appear legally bought
- The Xbox One X is not the console for everyone
- Bummer buddies: Roomies Fowler, Thomas fizzle at US Open
- After jury deadlocks, Bill Cosby faces 2nd sex assault trial
- Trump tweet confirms he's being probed by prosecutor