June 14, Cardiff: Beat England by 8 wkts - Hasan, in the absence of the injured Amir (back spasm) produces a superb skilled display in taking three wickets as previously unbeaten tournament hosts England are dismissed for 211.
This was the first time Pakistan had batted first in the tournament and captain Sarfraz Ahmed said: "We will hope to score 300 plus runs".
"He felt he was in the zone today and he could have done something really special and that's why the disappointment came out". We have a young team and credit to my boys.
Pakistan, who had lost all three of their previous matches against India in the knockout stages of International Cricket Council tournaments and started this event the lowest ranked of the eight teams involved, were now on the brink of a sensational win.More news: China launches X-ray space telescope to study black holes, pulsars
Azhar also continued his fine form, reaching fifty off 61 balls before he was run out following a mix-up with his partner.
Pakistan's margin of victory is their biggest by runs in 129 ODIs against India.
Talk about a comeback; talk about a friggin bolt from the blue, a bolt that carried on for four matches and marched Pakistan all the way to their first ever Champions Trophy title.
Hafeez played a sensational knock when he hit four boundaries and three sixes in his 37-ball quick-fire innings.More news: Zidane pleads with Ronaldo after 'I quit' bombshell
India: Virat Kohli (captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Yuvraj Singh, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wicket-keeper), Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Dinesh Karthik, Mohammed Shami, Ajinkya Rahane, Umesh Yadav.
Then one ball after Kohli, the world s leading ODI batsman, was dropped at slip off Amir, the bowler had him caught at point by Shadab Khan.
Hasan Ali drew inspiration from his fellow fast bowler to take three wickets and, supported by tigerish fielding which has not always been a feature of Pakistan cricket teams, they bowled out India for 158 to win the trophy for the first time.
"The extras are something that's never a good feeling to concede so many". But India captain Virat Kohli defended his decision to bowl on a flat track and said a lucky reprieve for centurion Fakhar Zaman proved to be a costly one. We didn't take them lightly. "After losing the first game, we had no chance to lose again", said Hafeez, who played an important role in the win with a classy 57 not out.More news: Champions Trophy : India bowl against Pakistan in final
- Moreno's header saves Mexico on a mixed day for Ronaldo, Chicharito
- The President Is Not Under Investigation: Trump Attorney
- Russian Federation relieved after passing first World Cup test
- Portugal captain Cristiano Ronaldo not concerned by Confederations Cup draw with Mexico
- 26 injured as plane hits turbulence
- HUD Secretary Ben Carson: Give Robert Mueller a chance on Russian Federation probe
- Kohli, Sharma collapse in high-octane Champions Trophy final
- Arsenal in contract stand-off with Alexis Sanchez and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- German minister sees hope of 'soft' Brexit, with conditions
- Putin says US sanctions will 'complicate relations'