"We had 42 games, 22 of them with console exclusivity that I could put on-stage that all are games where you could see the dates for them and when they're coming", Spencer said. Without going into the numbers, Spencer further explained that hardware section of the console business is not the "money-making" part, it's the games section.More news: Russian Federation probe causes tension among top officials at Justice Department
It's impossible to say whether Microsoft will be making a loss on the Xbox One X, or merely breaking even, but we do know for sure that they'll be relying on selling lots of games to turn this into a profitable venture.
It should also be noted that the price of the components used in manufacturing hardware eventually comes down, which means that the manufacturing cost of the Xbox One X should decrease after a while.More news: Bill Cosby faces 2nd sex assault trial after jury deadlocks
The fact that Microsoft is not making a profit on the Xbox One X now, however, could not be considered surprising at all. These definitely aren't two of the most exciting original Xbox games when considering all of the great games that are on that console, but it's a start. How does "The World's Most Powerful Console", according to Microsoft, compare to the PlayStation 4 Pro? It's a more powerful Xbox One, that will play some games in "True" Native 4K, while others will use methods like reprojection and checkerboard rendering to fill a 2160p framebuffer.
It's nothing new for the console business, to be certain. The higher powered Xbox One X costs about $499.More news: 2 citizens held escaped Ga. inmates at gunpoint until police arrived
The Xbox One X also has a superior optical drive, as the new unit comes equipped with a 4K/HDR capable Blu-ray drive, compared to the PlayStation 4 Pro which comes with an older Blu-ray/DVD drive. "The money-making part is in selling games".
- US Senate OKs expansion of sanctions against Russian Federation
- Koepka and Fowler pull clear at Erin Hills
- Special Counsel Robert Mueller Is Reportedly Probing Jared Kushner's Business Dealings
- Freeland pitches 6 solid innings, Rockies beat Giants 5-1
- Rod Rosenstein would only fire special counsel if Trump's request was 'lawful'
- IND vs PAK 2017: London to host final countdown of Champions Trophy
- Republican baseball practice gunman 'had list of names'
- Fed's Kaplan says he weighed rate hike tradeoffs carefully
- Twins Open Series With Indians Tonight
- USA doctors dispute North Korean coma story