"We had 42 games, 22 of them with console exclusivity that I could put on-stage that all are games where you could see the dates for them and when they're coming", Spencer said. Without going into the numbers, Spencer further explained that hardware section of the console business is not the "money-making" part, it's the games section.More news: Princeton mayor announces support of Paris climate agreement
It's impossible to say whether Microsoft will be making a loss on the Xbox One X, or merely breaking even, but we do know for sure that they'll be relying on selling lots of games to turn this into a profitable venture.
It should also be noted that the price of the components used in manufacturing hardware eventually comes down, which means that the manufacturing cost of the Xbox One X should decrease after a while.More news: Koepka and Fowler pull clear at Erin Hills
The fact that Microsoft is not making a profit on the Xbox One X now, however, could not be considered surprising at all. These definitely aren't two of the most exciting original Xbox games when considering all of the great games that are on that console, but it's a start. How does "The World's Most Powerful Console", according to Microsoft, compare to the PlayStation 4 Pro? It's a more powerful Xbox One, that will play some games in "True" Native 4K, while others will use methods like reprojection and checkerboard rendering to fill a 2160p framebuffer.
It's nothing new for the console business, to be certain. The higher powered Xbox One X costs about $499.More news: Amir fit to play in the final, reveals Pakistan bowling coach
The Xbox One X also has a superior optical drive, as the new unit comes equipped with a 4K/HDR capable Blu-ray drive, compared to the PlayStation 4 Pro which comes with an older Blu-ray/DVD drive. "The money-making part is in selling games".
- Markelle Fultz set to visit 76ers amid trade talks with Celtics
- Russian Federation probe causes tension among top officials at Justice Department
- Shire PLC (SHP) Stock Rating Reaffirmed by Deutsche Bank AG
- Special Counsel Robert Mueller Is Reportedly Probing Jared Kushner's Business Dealings
- Alexandria gunman carried list of names of members of Congress
- Mistrial declared in Cosby case after jury deadlocks again
- Will Cosby testify at sex assault trial? Lawyers remain mum
- US Senate OKs expansion of sanctions against Russian Federation
- Special Counsel Mueller is investigating Jared Kushner's finances
- Last day of the Bill Cosby sex assault trial