The alleged smartphone has already been the subject of several leaks and rumors but until the device becomes official we are expecting more details to pop up online.
The latest trend is bezel-less and edge-to-edge displays in smartphones, but rumours of integrating a fingerprint scanner under the display has been circulating around the web for a while now.More news: Gal Gadot shares message of thanks for Wonder Woman success
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 looks likely to be released in the autumn and there's plenty of reasons for fans of this phablet to be exited.
The purported Galaxy Note 8 has also surfaced on the HTML5Test benchmark with model number SM-N950F, which measures browser performance.More news: Trump considering 'terminating' Russia probe leader
Interestingly, the overall design kind of resembles the Samsung Galaxy S8 series. Pan thinks that the Note 8 will not have this feature at all, while Apple will be the first "foreign" - i.e., outside of China - manufacturer to launch this feature. Thus, there is a pretty good chance that the S-Pen's rumored speaker and microphone could correspond to Samsung equipping the Note 8 with upgraded dictation capabilities.
The Galaxy Note 8 could also have a textured Bixby button that would feel different to the touch than the volume rocker so that users can easily distinguish between them.More news: Don't take fragile peace as a given, warns Sir John Major
For a while now we hear rumors that Apple or Samsung will launch a smartphone with a fingerprint sensor embedded in the screen. Samsung calls the new screen design, Infinity Display.
- Russia says Trump is using 'Cold War rhetoric' on Cuba
- India win toss, elect to field
- Doctors Upgrade Rep. Scalise's Condition To 'Serious'
- Paul George not planning on talking with LeBron this summer
- Senate passes Russia sanctions bill, pushing back against Trump
- India, Pak becoming SCO members will boost development
- Lions floor Maori in All Blacks dress rehearsal
- Jury finds officer who shot Philando Castile not guilty
- Congressman, others wounded in shooting in Va.
- Indians' top reliever can't stop Dodgers