The alleged smartphone has already been the subject of several leaks and rumors but until the device becomes official we are expecting more details to pop up online.
The latest trend is bezel-less and edge-to-edge displays in smartphones, but rumours of integrating a fingerprint scanner under the display has been circulating around the web for a while now.More news: GOP shooting: Scalise improving from brink of death
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 looks likely to be released in the autumn and there's plenty of reasons for fans of this phablet to be exited.
The purported Galaxy Note 8 has also surfaced on the HTML5Test benchmark with model number SM-N950F, which measures browser performance.More news: Jury finds officer who shot Philando Castile not guilty
Interestingly, the overall design kind of resembles the Samsung Galaxy S8 series. Pan thinks that the Note 8 will not have this feature at all, while Apple will be the first "foreign" - i.e., outside of China - manufacturer to launch this feature. Thus, there is a pretty good chance that the S-Pen's rumored speaker and microphone could correspond to Samsung equipping the Note 8 with upgraded dictation capabilities.
The Galaxy Note 8 could also have a textured Bixby button that would feel different to the touch than the volume rocker so that users can easily distinguish between them.More news: Don't take fragile peace as a given, warns Sir John Major
For a while now we hear rumors that Apple or Samsung will launch a smartphone with a fingerprint sensor embedded in the screen. Samsung calls the new screen design, Infinity Display.
- 30 confirmed dead in London high-rise fire
- GE's CEO Jeffrey Immelt to step down after 16 years
- India win toss, elect to field
- Speaker Ryan visits wounded lawmaker at hospital
- India, Pak becoming SCO members will boost development
- Shooter went to Republican baseball practice with list of names
- Congressman, others wounded in shooting in Va.
- Schiff Says Congress Won't Allow President To Fire Mueller
- Microsoft isn't making a profit with their new Xbox One X console
- Scalise's condition improves, but more operations and long hospital stay expected