But Business Insider pointed out Warriors coach Steve Kerr - who has openly criticized the Trump administration's proposed travel ban - reportedly decided in November that he wouldn't accept an invitation to the White House if the Warriors won the championship. And they could thank Kevin Durant for that.
The Warriors won in 2015, but then blew a 3-1 lead in the Finals a year ago and lost the title to the Cavaliers after posting the best regular-season record in National Basketball Association history.More news: Belmont Stakes Predictions: Will Irish War Cry Cash? 6/10/17
In February it was reported that six New England Patriots players said, after winning the Super Bowl, they were skipping a visit with Trump. "Right after you lose Game 7", Green says, "shows you're serious". Superteam? No, we just work extremely well together. This was the third NBA Finals in a row pitting LeBron's Cleveland Cavaliers versus Steph Curry's Warriors. You can't go back and forth or teeter on the fence, you have to beat them.
In Game 5 on Monday, Lebron James or Kyrie Irving or J.R. Smith would hit a big shot and the Cavaliers would believe they had a chance. " 'Congrats. Your defense was really good, ' which was random", Durant said with a small chuckle, "and he told me to enjoy it, have some fun, you know, typical stuff". I'd be honored to welcome the team to the U.S. Capitol.More news: Watch the Golden State Warriors Championship Parade
Durant was once again the best player on the floor for the Warriors on Monday, hitting some timely three-pointers en route to a team-high 39 points. In 2011, he tweeted that if he had to pick one person to marry, it would be her.
It will start at 10 a.m.at Broadway and 11th Street, wind through downtown streets and end with a procession to the Henry J. Kaiser Convention Center.
Residents of Oakland, which recently learned it's losing one of its other beloved teams, the Raiders, to Las Vegas, are still reeling from a police scandal and mourning a deadly warehouse fire.More news: Verizon Communications Target of Unusually Large Options Trading (VZ)
- Doctor says Rep. Scalise's vital signs stable
- Man who barricaded self is suspect in triple slaying
- Champions Trophy: London all set to host Pakistan-India mega final
- Leo Varadkar formally elected as prime minister of Ireland
- Celebrity reaction to the mistrial in Bill Cosby's trial
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid president Florentino Perez refuses to be blackmailed
- LeBron James: Cleveland Cavaliers will continue building toward NBA Championship
- London fire: Death toll rises to 58
- Portugal sees Ronaldo fully focused on Confederations Cup
- Russia eases to 2-0 Confederations Cup win over New Zealand