"We're all about choice", he said, pointing to the Xbox One S as a more than capable console that is available at a relatively affordable price point, starting at $250 right now. According to Phil Spencer, PlayStation 4 Pro is a Xbox One S competitor and PlayStation 4 Pro is not in the same league, "just look at the specs", says Spencer. It also allows for true 4K resolution gaming on console while PS4 Pro only upscales. With most of the event focussing on what the company claims is the world's most powerful console ever, it has now gone on the offensive, taking shots at the PS4 Pro from Sony.
As for the PS4 Pro, it comes with an AMD Polaris graphics with 4.2 teraflops of performance and 8GB of GDDR5 RAM.
In other news, Xbox One fans hoping for that original Xbox experience will be able to get their hands on the resurrected version of the Duke controller.More news: India win toss, elect to field
Dave Thier, a contributor for Forbes, said consumers criticized Xbox One for concentrating too much on non-gaming applications and "just couldn't compete with the cheaper, better-performing PS4". It seems clear that Microsoft isn't anxious about that price gap between the two consoles since the company doesn't see them as direct competitors.
Microsoft has come under fire from some critics who worry the company's new Xbox One X is overpriced. That included the likes of Forza 7, Metro Exodus, and Anthem, a new Destiny-like sci-fi shooter from Bioware and EA.
Along with the new backwards compatibility feature, Microsoft has also announced the launch of its brand-new console.More news: 30 confirmed dead in London high-rise fire
"I don't want to get into all the numbers, but in aggregate you should think about the hardware part of the console business is not the money-making part of the business", Spencer told Business Insider. I don't know anything about what's in other people's deals.
On the topic of the actual console name, Spencer says "the name had to have Xbox One in it" because the Xbox One X is part of the family of consoles. If game designers have to support four-year-old hardware, how are they supposed to max out the capabilities of this beastly (yet surprisingly small) new box?More news: Afghanistan blames Haqqani network, ISI for Kabul blast
- Trump discloses profits and losses in financial report
- Qatar's Crisis With Saudi Arabia And Gulf Neighbors Has Decades-Long Roots
- Lions floor Maori in All Blacks dress rehearsal
- Champions Trophy 2017: Pakistan vs India, final today
- GOP shooting: Scalise improving from brink of death
- Tory-DUP deal announcement 'to be delayed due to tower block tragedy'
- McConnell, Schumer trade jabs over health care
- Paul George not planning on talking with LeBron this summer
- Trump considering 'terminating' Russia probe leader
- Shooter went to Republican baseball practice with list of names