"The matter has been raised with the relevant Afghan authorities for their safety and recovery, at the earliest", said the ministry.
Pakistan on Sunday said that two of its diplomatic officials from its consulate in Afghanistan had gone missing since Friday.More news: Benfica star Talisca admits Manchester United move is his dream
"We had not received any information from the Afghan officials until late Saturday", a Pakistani source said.
People regularly go missing in Afghanistan as the country has always been facing instability due to continued fighting between the government forces and the Taliban radical movement (outlawed in Russia), which seized vast territories in the Afghan rural areas.
There are two possibilities - either a criminal gang has kidnapped them for ransom or Afghan security officials have taken them into custody.More news: Theresa May offers support package for London fire victims
Jalalabad, the provincial capital of Nangarhar province, is a busy trading hub about 70 kilometres (43 miles) from the main border crossing with Pakistan, from which landlocked Afghanistan imports much of its goods.
The Taliban and militants linked to the ISIS both operate in eastern Afghanistan.
Pakistan has claimed that Afghanistan is not doing enough to tackle Pakistani Taliban fighters who have been driven out of Pakistan, but who still carry out attacks across the border.More news: Portuguese radio says 25 people killed in forest fires
The incident occurred almost a month after Afghan intelligence officials detained two staffers of Pakistani embassy in Kabul for three hours.
- Defending champion Johnson out of US Open
- Potus admits he's under probe over Russian Federation ties
- 58 people missing in London tower blaze presumed dead
- Top aides talked Trump out of firing Mueller
- Tributes as Germany's Helmut Kohl dies, aged 87
- EU says divorce bill, citizens' rights focus of Brexit talks
- Trump Says FAA "Didn't Know What the Hell They Were Doing".
- Sarfaraz vows to play 'attacking cricket' in clash against India
- Kershaw wins, Bellinger hits 2 homers as Dodgers top Indians
- Brexit talks with European Commission to begin on Monday