Football London reported last week that Lyon president Jean Michel Aulas was in London to hold talks over a possible £60m deal with Arsene Wenger and he was quoted as saying that the Gunners had put forward a "very interesting" offer.
An initial report from Get France Football claimed that Aulas had spoken of an offer from Arsenal, though this has been proven as incorrect.More news: Morata tells Bale to join him at United
In fact, the player looked set to join Atletico Madrid this summer before the club's ban on transfer activities scuppered the deal.
"We had negotiations with Atletico". For us, he won't leave.More news: Landslide majority in sight for Macron as French elect parliament
With Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang expected to leave, Borussia Dortmund are also keeping a close watch on the 26-year-old and the club could soon prioritise signing Lacazette this summer. I don't have any offers right now.
Alexis Sanchez did turn out to be a revelation for Arsenal as the side's centre-forward, but Wenger has chosen to play him behind the striker in his new system.
Meanwhile, Arsenal striker Lucas Perez is seemingly on his way out of the Emirates Stadium this summer and according to his agent he has attracted interest from former club Deportivo La Coruna and Sevilla.More news: Montana lawmaker to plead guilty to assault charge
Fernandez said: "The key date is 3 July when Arsenal's pre-season begins". He's only realistically going to receive that by leaving, so it would not be surprising if he departs in the coming months.
- Kohli turns off social media ahead of Pakistan clash
- GOP Lawmaker Scalise Still Critical Though Doctors `Encouraged'
- Why Trump can not fire Federal Bureau of Investigation special counsel Robert Mueller
- Paul Ryan to Donald Trump: 'Let Robert Mueller Do His Job'
- With Whole Foods, Amazon on collision course with Wal-Mart
- Tapwrit Outlasts Irish War Cry in Belmont
- Portugal forest fire victims die in their cars as flames engulf road
- Putin, Saudi King Discuss Qatar Diplomatic Crisis
- Worth the Upgrade: The new iPad Pro
- Kevin Durant Received Text from Former President Barack Obama After Finals Win