The second player will control a new character named Cappy, that looks a lot like a floating hat. Nonetheless, if you're keen to see what Odyssey looks like in co-op, here's nearly 29 minutes of action. While controlling Cappy, the second player is able to fly around independently from Mario, which they show off by solving a puzzle involving collecting music notes.
In addition to the usual yellow coins, Odyssey has purple coins that can only be used in the level in which they're collected. As with any form of entertainment there are different types ranging from gung-ho action games with little plot, to social, economic, and political statements being made within these games. When the mode is activated, Mario's Cappy hovers above his noggin. In the demo, the player using Cappy can basically act as a form of protection for Mario just by moving around him. The fact that Cappy is not to be destroyed only makes the game even more interesting and a delight to play.More news: NBA Champs Golden State Warriors Mulling Rejection of Trump White House Visit
It's a move that echoes Nintendo's smartphone strategy, where the platform holder finally seems comfortable about letting its big-name brands take flight outside its own platforms and development teams.
The city (which served as the inspiration for the design of Nintendo's booth) was one of the two areas I was able to explore during my brief time with the game.More news: Leo Varadkar becomes Ireland's first openly gay Prime Minister-elect
Are you into Odyssey's weird vibes, or would you prefer a more traditional title as the Switch's first Mario?More news: Guardsman collapses during Trooping the Colour ceremony as temperatures soar to 25C
- '100 per cent' willing to testify over James Comey conversations: Donald Trump
- Sony bows out of movement towards cross-platform play in E3
- Nintendo Switch and Mario Take E3 by Storm
- Wonder Woman breaks United States box office record for film by female director
- Verizon Closes Yahoo Acquisition
- US Sailors Missing in Navy Destroyer Collision With Merchant Vessel
- Harry Kane: 'I want to be England captain full time'
- Steve Scalise Undergoes More Surgery After Congressional Baseball Shooting
- Fed Chair Yellen Warns about Its $4.5 Trillion Balance Sheet Unwinding
- Amazon CEO Bezos looking to give away some of his fortune