We learned in March that celebrated Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps was going to be a part of "Shark Week" on Discovery. He is our greatest champion to ever get in the water: "Michael Phelps", states the Discovery Channel press release.More news: Jury still deliberating in case of officer who shot Castile
We'll find out how the most decorated athlete in Olympic history will fare against the fearsome ocean predator during Shark Week, which airs from July 23-30.
Unlike Mayweather-McGregor, you won't have to pay extra to watch this one. "Be in a cage and dive with great White sharks", he captioned the Instagram snapshot.More news: Donald Trump Expected to Restrict Travel and Trade with Cuba
Great Hammerhead Invasion examines a phenomenon that sees the usually solitary shark species gather in large numbers around Bimini in the Bahamas every November before moving on towards Florida. But, instead of racing a mere human, which he would undoubtedly best, Phelps plans to race an literal great white shark.
The popular TV event starts Sunday, July 23 and will have a lineup of shark-themed shows until Sunday, July 30th. Also, some people have probably attempted to outrace a shark. As the Los Angeles Times reported, the average cruising speed for a great white shark is about 5 miles per hour. Apparently Shark Week wasn't enough of a meme for the Discovery Channel, so they decided to make humans race huge fish because. reasons.More news: Isil leader 'killed in Russian airstrike'
The facts make it look like Phelps is destined to get slaughtered during the race (metaphorically), but we're sure Discovery has something up their sleeve to keep things competitive.
- Celtics, 76ers reportedly in talks for top pick
- Trump Says Obstruction Of Justice Probe Based On 'Phony Story'
- Will more U.S. troops make Afghanistan secure?
- Conrad Roy III's family breaks their silence after Michelle Carter is convicted
- Whole Foods, including Wichita's, to stay open in Amazon deal
- This Author Was Forced to Eat His Words, Literally
- Trump's friend Christopher Ruddy says President considering firing Mueller
- Amazon is Buying Whole Foods
- Brexit talks may not start on June 19, David Davis suggests
- Amazon to Acquire Whole Foods Market