The addition is the latest move from the International Olympic Committee to bring in street sports, following BMX Freestyle cycling that was confirmed earlier this year.
But the 64 is unlikely to include the best players in the world.
As far as teaming up with today's National Basketball Association players?More news: Jury deadlocked in Bill Cosby sexual assault trial ordered to keep deliberating
LeBron James at Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, Ohio, June 9.
The victor of each game is the first to reach 21 or the team that leads after the 10-minute period.
"I'm not very good in a three-on-three thing, I'm more of a five-on-five guy", James said.More news: China investigating if slain pair was preaching in Pakistan
He also was quick to respond when asked by the AP who his dream teammates for the event would be - Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan - although he chose to hedge diplomatically when asked which current players he'd want to team up with, saying he'd "have to think about it". "I stay out of the one-on-one matchups during our practice, the two-on-twos and the three-on-threes". Just say you don't want to do it - don't pretend like you're suddenly going look like you've never played basketball before. "I haven't seen the full layout of how they plan on executing it; and are they going to use National Basketball Association guys or are going to use college guys?" "I'll probably watch some WNBA games", James said, also mentioning his "son's tournament this summer". "I'm not quite sure".
LeBron James has been to eight NBA Finals and been drenched in champagne in just three of them.
On the women's side, there has been a different reaction. "Whenever I can put on a USA Basketball jersey..."More news: Congressman's shooting first test for Trump-era gun debate
- Skittles ditches rainbow to give LGBT pride 'center stage'
- Death toll rises to 17 in London apartment block fire
- US Senate votes near unanimously for Russia, Iran sanctions
- Services to mark 1 year since 49 killed in Orlando gay club
- Rod Rosenstein: There's No Reason To Fire Special Counsel Mueller
- Special counsel Mueller is investigating Trump for possible obstruction of justice charges
- London fire death toll at 17; 'miracle' if anymore survivors
- Wind, Solar Power could overpower political winds: Deloitte study
- Tightening Cuba restrictions, Trump again chips away at Obama's legacy
- Outstanding Analyst Ratings For Clarkson (LON:CKN)