"He was sacked on the road outside his house", Tariq Ahmad, a local man, said, adding "soon after people heard the sound of bullets, they came rushing and found Dar in a pool of blood".
Security forces were rushed to the area and a search operation was launched to nab the militants, they added.
Locals told Rising Kashmir that Shabir after returning from duty, he had gone to enquire about the health of his uncle, who lives next to his house at Bogund. "He had suffered multiple injuries in the attack", said a police official.More news: 'Last Man Standing': CMT in Preliminary Talks to Revive Tim Allen Comedy
The wrath-laying ceremony of the slain policeman was held at District Police Lines Kulgam.
Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir) [India], June 15 (ANI): The terrorists on Thursday fired on a police patrol party at Jammu and Kashmir's Srinagar.
"The two injured cops were taken to 92 Base Hospital of the Army for treatment". The police spokesperson said that Shabir Ahmad Dar, son of Abdul Rehman Dar, was injured after terrorists opened fire at him near his home.More news: Everton seal record swoop for goalkeeper Pickford
However, it is believed that the militants have managed to escape.
On Tuesday militants carried out multiple attacks on police and paramilitary in the region, wounding 14 personnel, including 10 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) men.More news: Spirited Pakistan rewrite history books to reach Champions Trophy final
- West Virginia House passes budget without tax changes
- Two-Headed Porpoise Found, First Ever Of Its Kind
- Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) Sees Volume Pop in Session
- Congressman's shooting first test for Trump-era gun debate
- Death toll rises to 17 in London apartment block fire
- US Senate votes near unanimously for Russia, Iran sanctions
- England Manager Gareth Southgate Says Raphael Varane Red Was Right Call
- Trump 'investigated for obstruction of justice' in Russian Federation probe
- Father says Otto Warmbier 'brutalized and terrorized' in N. Korea
- Services to mark 1 year since 49 killed in Orlando gay club