"He was sacked on the road outside his house", Tariq Ahmad, a local man, said, adding "soon after people heard the sound of bullets, they came rushing and found Dar in a pool of blood".
Security forces were rushed to the area and a search operation was launched to nab the militants, they added.
Locals told Rising Kashmir that Shabir after returning from duty, he had gone to enquire about the health of his uncle, who lives next to his house at Bogund. "He had suffered multiple injuries in the attack", said a police official.More news: Father says Otto Warmbier 'brutalized and terrorized' in N. Korea
The wrath-laying ceremony of the slain policeman was held at District Police Lines Kulgam.
Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir) [India], June 15 (ANI): The terrorists on Thursday fired on a police patrol party at Jammu and Kashmir's Srinagar.
"The two injured cops were taken to 92 Base Hospital of the Army for treatment". The police spokesperson said that Shabir Ahmad Dar, son of Abdul Rehman Dar, was injured after terrorists opened fire at him near his home.More news: Death toll rises to 17 in London apartment block fire
However, it is believed that the militants have managed to escape.
On Tuesday militants carried out multiple attacks on police and paramilitary in the region, wounding 14 personnel, including 10 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) men.More news: Everton seal record swoop for goalkeeper Pickford
- US Senate votes near unanimously for Russia, Iran sanctions
- LeBron James: 'I Don't Believe I've Played for a Superteam'
- Sony Refused Cross-Platform Play For Minecraft
- West Virginia House passes budget without tax changes
- Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT) Sees Volume Pop in Session
- England Manager Gareth Southgate Says Raphael Varane Red Was Right Call
- State attorneys general probe opioid drug companies
- Congressional ballgame goes on despite shooting
- Spirited Pakistan rewrite history books to reach Champions Trophy final
- Two-Headed Porpoise Found, First Ever Of Its Kind