When first asked where he was coming from, Woods informed the police officers, "LA", the report states. When asked if he understood the Romberg alphabet test (reciting the alphabet without singing or rhyming), Tiger responded, "Yes, recite entire national anthem backwards". He was in his 2015 Mercedes Benz when Jupiter, Florida police found him by himself with his seat belt on.
However, he then voiced honest support and concern while acknowledging he does not know much about Woods latest episode. The car's motor was running, the brake lights were lit and the right turn signal was blinking, the affidavit says.
Two breath tests taken by Woods registered a.000, according to the report.
"I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved", Woods said in the media statement.More news: (MRK) Lowered to "Buy" at Vetr Inc
The affidavit notes that Woods has not taken Vioxx this year.
He also told an officer he had taken a medication, but the name of the medication is redacted in the report.
The police report continued that the golfer's speech was "extremely slow and slurred, mumbled, confused", while his attitude was "co-operative" but "confused".
The report notes that Woods was "cooperative", but described him as "sluggish, sleepy, unable to walk alone". Officials said video of the arrest was captured on at least one police cruiser dash cam.More news: London police arrest another suspect in connection with London Bridge attack
The 14-time major victor will not play again this season after undergoing a fourth back surgery last month, and Nicklaus has called for support from the golfing community.
He then stated, point blank: 'But, I want to say unequivocally, I want to play professional golf again'.
Dashcam footage of the arrest is being reviewed for redaction and will likely be available for release publicly this afternoon, according to the Jupiter, Fla., police records manager.
Police said "It should be noted that Woods was headed south bound away from Hobe Sound".More news: Qataris unable to board Qantas flights to Dubai: airline official
Tiger Eldrick Woods appears in a booking photo released by Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office in Palm Beach, Florida, May 29, 2017.
- Reviewing Individual Broker Targets Of Timken Steel Corporation (NYSE:TMST)
- Barely anyone is using Xbox One for backward compatibility
- Did Russian hackers plant fake news that led to Qatar crisis?
- Apple will likely expand NFC features beyond Apple Pay with iOS 11
- New Nintendo Switch Summer Trailer - Pokken Tournament, ARMS and Splatoon 2
- Willis Investment Counsel Increased Cisco Systems INC (CSCO) Stake
- Youssef Zaghba named as third London attacker
- Five killed in farmers' stir in Madhya Pradesh; mobile internet suspended
- Graphics cards designed for cryptocurrency mining coming soon
- Siding against ally Qatar, Trump injects US into Arab crisis