At an economic forum in Russian Federation on Saturday, Modi said that despite the contentious boundary issue between India and China, not a single bullet was sacked on the border in the last 40 years. The two leaders voiced concern over the growing threat of terrorism worldwide.
A personal chemistry between Modi, the then US President Barack Obama and Macron's predecessor in Palais Elysees, Francois Hollande, with active support from Chinese President Xi Jinping had made the deal possible.
"Paris Agreement is a shared legacy of the world".
"Paris or no Paris, our commitment to preserving the climate is for the sake of future generations", Modi said. "Terrorism is one of the biggest challenges the world is facing today", Modi said, adding that he and Macron discussed extensively on how to save the world from terrorism and radicalisation.More news: Halep advances to French Open quarterfinals
"We have noted the positive remark made by Indian Prime Minister about China-India relations". "World needs to unite to defeat the menace of terrorism", Modi said.
On his part, Macron said: "Many Indian soldiers died for our country, for its freedom and it is evidence of strong bonds between our countries".
"For Indians, environmental protection is a profession of faith because we learn it in the vedas (ancient Hindu scriptures)", he said.
"Paris climate agreement is a shared legacy of the world".More news: Weather warning issued across East Anglia for gale force winds
Earlier, Macron greeted Prime Minister Modi with a bear hug in the courtyard of the presidential Elysee Palace when he arrived for the meeting and working lunch.
Ties between India and France have grown in recent years, most notably in the defense sector with New Delhi ordering 36 French-made Rafale fighter jets. "It is a gift that this generation can give", he said.
Bloomberg pledged 15 million dollars to support the agreement's coordinating agency in the event the U.S. refused to pay its share.
"The first part of our discussion was entirely focused on fighting climate change and the fact that both our nations have a lot to do, together, in protecting the global climate", Macron added. France is also a key partner in India's development initiatives in areas like defence, space, nuclear and renewable energy, urban development and railways.More news: Time To Rake In Healthy Returns From Microsoft Corporation (MSFT)
The Prime Minister thanked President Macron for the warm welcome and congratulated him for the election victory.
- Which states have joined the climate alliance that commits to Paris agreement?
- Federation Internationale de Football Association 18 For Switch Won't Run on Frostbite, Won't Include Journey Mode
- 3 terrorists responsible for London attack identified: PM May
- What Are Analysts Report About Hornbeck Offshore Services, Inc. (HOS)
- Champions Trophy: Bangladesh opt to bat against Australia
- Opko Health Inc. (OPK) VP Buys $13820.00 in Stock
- Kaspersky files antitrust complaints against Microsoft in Europe
- Dak Prescott wants to earn doctorate in psychology
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir
- Samoa Joe has a message for Brock Lesnar