The Belgium global enjoyed an outstanding season in Serie A, scoring 28 goals in the league, and renewed his contract with the club last week. Mertens will therefore stay in Napoli, despite the many tantalizing proposals that are arriving, especially those from Barcelona and Chelsea.More news: US warns Beijing on South China Sea islands
Mertens' discussions with Napoli dragged on and several sides were linked with wanting to snap him up, including Everton and Manchester United.
Confirming his agent had held talks with Chelsea, Mertens told Sky Sports News HQ: "Yes there was interest [from Chelsea], and from other clubs also, but in my head there was never an intention to change clubs".More news: Nunes-led House Intelligence Committee asked for 'unmaskings' of Americans
"Feeling good" is a bit of an understatement considering the season the Belgium worldwide has just had with the Serie A club.
The 30-year-old netted 28 goals in 35 Serie A games for the Italian giants. "I am going to try and be even better next year".More news: Hundreds of Juventus fans injured in stampede in Turin
CHELSEA - The Belgian striker has also revealed another interesting backdrop, which has the directors of Chelsea and especially Antonio Conte, who has never phoned Mertens during. They were interested, but I've always said that here I'm fine. I really like Italy.
- Champions Trophy: Fans await Kohli's surgical strike on Pak
- Rinne starting for Preds, Bonino likely out
- London Bridge terror attack
- Mayors Want to Take Lead on Climate After Trump's Paris Announcement
- LeBron: Durant the difference in Finals Game 1
- Zidane team talk was key to victory, says Ronaldo
- Police respond to 'terrorist incidents' in London
- NY Times: Trump Not Planning to Invoke Executive Privilege for Comey Testimony
- Trump administration split over moving embassy to Jerusalem, says report
- Man Utd cool interest in Griezmann