The Belgium global enjoyed an outstanding season in Serie A, scoring 28 goals in the league, and renewed his contract with the club last week. Mertens will therefore stay in Napoli, despite the many tantalizing proposals that are arriving, especially those from Barcelona and Chelsea.More news: Police at London Bridge after car reportedly plows into people
Mertens' discussions with Napoli dragged on and several sides were linked with wanting to snap him up, including Everton and Manchester United.
Confirming his agent had held talks with Chelsea, Mertens told Sky Sports News HQ: "Yes there was interest [from Chelsea], and from other clubs also, but in my head there was never an intention to change clubs".More news: Mayors Want to Take Lead on Climate After Trump's Paris Announcement
"Feeling good" is a bit of an understatement considering the season the Belgium worldwide has just had with the Serie A club.
The 30-year-old netted 28 goals in 35 Serie A games for the Italian giants. "I am going to try and be even better next year".More news: Real's remarkable Ronaldo again delivers when it matters
CHELSEA - The Belgian striker has also revealed another interesting backdrop, which has the directors of Chelsea and especially Antonio Conte, who has never phoned Mertens during. They were interested, but I've always said that here I'm fine. I really like Italy.
- India captain Kohli has 'no problems' with Kumble
- World leaders vow to defend climate pact
- Manchester United Cool Antoine Griezmann Interest, Identify Other Priority Signing
- London Terror Attack Leaves 6 Dead, Scores Hurt In Van, Stabbing Rampage
- German rock concert resumes after terrorism alert
- Report of Multiple Casualties in Incident on London Bridge
- Police respond to 'terrorist incidents' in London
- Hundreds of Juventus fans injured in stampede in Turin
- Cavaliers need heart, pride, fewer mistakes in Finals
- Trump administration split over moving embassy to Jerusalem, says report