The three-day "Rock am Ring", held at the famous Nuerburgring sports complex near the western city of Nuerburg, is scheduled to run until Sunday.
Organizers for Germany's Rock am Ring said the music festival will continue on Saturday afternoon after being evacuated due to a terrorist threat. The names on the backstage passes did not match the suspects' names.
"After a series of intensive searches across the site the fears of an imminent danger were not confirmed", the organisers said.
Up to 90,000 people had been expected to attend the Rock am Ring over the weekend.More news: UK's May grilled by voters, urged to confront Trump on Paris
Police searched the festival grounds near the Nürburgring race track thoroughly before declaring it once again safe for visitors, the BBC reports.
The country remains on high alert after a terrorist attack on a Christmas market in Berlin on December 19.
Yesterday's evacuation, in which tens of thousands of fans were asked to leave the festival site, came just 12 days after a suicide bomb attack at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester, England, in which 23 people died and at least 116 were injured.
Security for the festival had already been increased substantially to 1,200 staff, in response to the May 22 deadly bombing in Manchester, England which occurred after a concert by United States singer Ariana Grande.More news: Man Utd cool interest in Griezmann
In a Facebook statement, organisers say: "This is the news we all have been waiting for".
Lieberberg also called for Islamic extremists deemed risky to be arrested and said he wanted to see "demonstrations against these violent people".
"As safety is paramount, and it is necessary to exclude a threat to festival visitors in any case as far as possible, it was chose to suspend the festival for this day", they said. Rock am Ring 2017 will go on!
View of the empty stands of the rock festival "Rock am Ring" near Nuerburg, Germany, Saturday, June 3, 2017. German authorities have shut down a popular rock music festival because of a possible terrorist threat.More news: May and Corbyn trade barbs in run-up to British election
- India captain Kohli has 'no problems' with Kumble
- Vladimir Putin to Megyn Kelly: US Hackers Could Have Framed Russia
- Trump administration split over moving embassy to Jerusalem, says report
- London attack: Six killed in vehicle and stabbing incidents
- Downtown packed for Stanley Cup Final debut in Nashville
- Final stage of voting in Fine Gael leadership contest
- Ariana Grande Returns to Manchester as Attack Survivors Desperate for Tickets
- Warriors star Stephen Curry a different player this NBA Finals
- US warns Beijing on South China Sea islands
- Trump's tweets on London terror attacks draw criticism