She was trying to interpret the "sexist" remarks Trump made past year after a Republican debate in which he said moderator Kelly had "blood coming out of her eyes".Sen.
After further criticism from Bloom of President Trump, his family, and his policies, a more contrite Griffin read from a prepared statement, in which she called Trump another one of the "older white guys" she said have "tried to keep me down" throughout her career. My children, especially my 11 year old son, Barron, are having a hard time with this.
Griffin, who asserted that she has been contacted by the Secret Service, said the Trumps are trying to ruin my rights forever.. "You guys know him, he's not going to stop".More news: Kashmir peaceful with restrictions in place
But Griffin said she believes Trump is now trying to ruin her career. "I feel terrible. I did not think people would try to murder me or mobilize other people to murder me". What's happening to me has never happened in the history of this great country. "I made a disgusting mistake and made a terrible call". "What she did was wrong and President Trump and his family have every right to condemn it".
The comic and Bloom were joined by criminal defence attorney Dmitry Gorin, who confirmed reports suggesting secret service officials had opened an investigation following Griffin's actions. She applauded Griffin for apologizing and "my employer CNN for canceling her contract for New Year's Eve".
Trump's oldest son, Donald Jr, called it "disgusting" and urged Griffin to be dropped by her employers.Griffin was sacked from her role as co-host of CNN's New Year's Eve coverage this week.
Despite the controversy, Griffin still intends to poke fun at Trump.More news: Paris Climate Agreement: Four US states join alliance committed to upholding deal
Although Griffin tearfully apologized again during her press conference, she said that she will continue to use Trump as fodder for her comedic material.
On Wednesday, Griffin was sacked from her gig on CNN's New Year's Eve program, which she had co-hosted alongside Anderson Cooper since 2007.More news: Pence hits media circuit to defend Trump's Paris accord exit
- Times Trump Broke His Own Health Care Promises
- French President Emmanuel Macron To Visit India This Year
- Juventus bar Zidane's path to history with Madrid
- 'MOM' trailer: Sridevi, Nawazuddin's film is deliciously suspenseful
- India vows to 'go beyond' Paris accord, adding pressure on Trump
- Kinder Morgan, Inc. (NYSE:KMI) reported Beta of 0.58
- Stanton scores 3 times, Marlins top D-Backs 7-5
- Iowa and Nebraska lawmakers stand by Trump on Paris climate accord
- French Ministry takes on Trump with its own climate change video
- Microsoft Reveals Asus Mixed Reality Headset, New Design from Dell