Durant, who also had eight rebounds and eight assists, dominated inside early, setting a one-game career record with six slam dunks in the first half.More news: LeBron James' Los Angeles home vandalized with slur
On the strength of a 16-for-32 performance from the field, the Golden State Warriors took a 35-30 lead over the Cleveland Cavaliers after the first quarter of Game 1 of the 2017 NBA Finals from Oracle Arena in Oakland, California.
Following his team's Game 1 loss to the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Finals, Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Tyronn Lue went through the usual postgame duties with the media. And when Durant and Curry both sat, the Cavs were unable to capitalize; Golden State outscored Cleveland by two points in those crucial moments.More news: Macron, Putin to meet in Versailles next week
The teams split a pair of regular-season games, with the Warriors beating Cleveland 126-91 in Oakland on January 18 behind Draymond Green's triple-double after the Cavs held on to beat the Warriors 109-108 on Christmas Day.
Curry's surge to open the second half pulled the Warriors away to stay.More news: Trump will withdraw the U.S. from Paris climate pact
Curry's second three-pointer inside of one minute gave the Warriors a 73-52 lead with 8:03 to play in the third quarter. Cleveland's offense also stalled out in the beginning of the period until James hit a three-pointer with 7:56 left in the third. Durant, though, kicked off a 10-0 Warriors run on with a basket on the next possession and the Warriors were back up by 22 with 1:28 to play. Tipoff is at 8 p.m.
- Family of Portland Train Stabbing Suspect Expresses Condolences
- IPL 2017: In a heartfelt message Gautam Gambhir thanks KKR fans
- Xi Threatens War if Philippines Drills South China Sea: Duterte
- Trump says USA closely monitoring 'terrorist' attack in Manila
- Father who threw his infant off bridge faces 70 years in prison
- Massive Blast Near Indian Embassy in Kabul, All Staff Safe
- The lure of the Lions endures as the last Great Tour
- How Jeremy Corbyn Survived Jeremy Paxman's 'Over The Top' Interview
- Battle of bad reviews box office: 'Pirates' beats out 'Baywatch' bomb
- Indian Navy rescues 33 Bangladeshis from the Bay