The US president allegedly showed his Palestinian counterpart videos in which Mr Abbas was recorded as saying, "We incite and the Israelis incite".
"You tricked me in D.C.!" On the new reports, the source said: "Trump raised the issue, but overall the meeting went very well".More news: US jobless claims rose to 248000 last week
Mr Trump and Mr Abbas met in person for the first time at the White House on 3 May, when the U.S. president boldly stated his desire to do "whatever is necessary" to achieve a lasting peace deal in the decades-long Israeli-Palestinian conflict. "Abbas assures me he is ready to work toward that goal in good faith, and Netanyahu has promised the same".
President Donald Trump and Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas give a joint press conference at the presidential palace in the West Bank city of Bethlehem on May 23. Repeated efforts to negotiate a solution to the conflict and establish an independent Palestinian state alongside Israel have stalled. He said their problem was not with "Judaism".
Israeli emergency medical service Magen David Adom said in a statement on social media that the soldier was in "light condition", while the Palestinian had been "neutralized" - the term used in Israel to refer indifferently to when a Palestinian has been injured or killed.More news: Officer's attorneys want Castile gun permit evidence omitted
In the Washington meeting Mr Trump's administration called on the PA to do more to tackle violence against Israelis and end payments to the families of those killed or imprisoned by Israel.
The "stringent" restrictions on movement and economic activities are also cited by the International Labour Organization (ILO), where the Director-General each year reviews the situation for workers in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, Israel and the occupied Syrian Golan.More news: British PM boycotts TV debate as election looms
- Julian Assange: Sweden Drops Rape Investigation Into WikiLeaks Founder
- Spicer refers Russian Federation investigation questions to Trump's outside attorney
- The most entertaining moments from the Election Debate
- Elon Musk Threatens to Quit Trump Advisory Council Over Paris Climate Deal
- Scandanavian leaders scorn U.S. climate decision
- Pakistan government behaving like 'Sicilian Mafia': Supreme Court Judge
- Ariana Grande to play Manchester charity concert on Sunday
- Comey to testify publicly about Trump confrontations
- IS seals off area of symbolic mosque in Mosul's Old City
- Secret Service investigates Turkish president's security detail's clash with protesters