The US president allegedly showed his Palestinian counterpart videos in which Mr Abbas was recorded as saying, "We incite and the Israelis incite".
"You tricked me in D.C.!" On the new reports, the source said: "Trump raised the issue, but overall the meeting went very well".More news: Tearful Almagro retires from French Open second round
Mr Trump and Mr Abbas met in person for the first time at the White House on 3 May, when the U.S. president boldly stated his desire to do "whatever is necessary" to achieve a lasting peace deal in the decades-long Israeli-Palestinian conflict. "Abbas assures me he is ready to work toward that goal in good faith, and Netanyahu has promised the same".
President Donald Trump and Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas give a joint press conference at the presidential palace in the West Bank city of Bethlehem on May 23. Repeated efforts to negotiate a solution to the conflict and establish an independent Palestinian state alongside Israel have stalled. He said their problem was not with "Judaism".
Israeli emergency medical service Magen David Adom said in a statement on social media that the soldier was in "light condition", while the Palestinian had been "neutralized" - the term used in Israel to refer indifferently to when a Palestinian has been injured or killed.More news: Sailing-Lack of wind puts Wednesday's America's Cup races on hold
In the Washington meeting Mr Trump's administration called on the PA to do more to tackle violence against Israelis and end payments to the families of those killed or imprisoned by Israel.
The "stringent" restrictions on movement and economic activities are also cited by the International Labour Organization (ILO), where the Director-General each year reviews the situation for workers in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, and Gaza, Israel and the occupied Syrian Golan.More news: CNN cuts ties with Kathy Griffin over video
- By the numbers at the NBA Finals
- Secret Service investigates Turkish president's security detail's clash with protesters
- House Subpoenas Flynn, Cohen, and Unmasking Requests by Obama Trio
- Julian Assange: Sweden Drops Rape Investigation Into WikiLeaks Founder
- Pakistan government behaving like 'Sicilian Mafia': Supreme Court Judge
- British PM boycotts TV debate as election looms
- Elon Musk Threatens to Quit Trump Advisory Council Over Paris Climate Deal
- Gareth Bale 'would accept' Champions League final bench role
- Trump's use of private cellphone raises security concerns
- White House seeks to wall off Russian Federation questions