Tom Cruise announces the long-awaited sequel.
That's right Tom Cruise has confirmed that he's once again taking to the air as maverick pilot Lieutenant Pete Mitchell in Top Gun 2. He admitted that previous ideas for a sequel didn't pan out although he, Cruise and others made several attempts to nail down the concept for Top Gun 2.
"It's happening, it is definitely happening", the 54-year-old hearthrob confirmed with a grin.More news: Trump Defends Kushner With Story Citing Unnamed Sources
Hit the comments to dish and discuss whether you're ready and excited for a Top Gun sequel.
Surprisingly, Cruise was open to confirm that it was indeed true. "It is definitely happening. you're the first people that I've said this to".
"Top Gun" grossed the most amount of money for movies in 1986, and was the highest grossing PG rated film of that time, too, according to Box Office Mojo.
The Hollywood shared the exciting news while promoting his new film The Mummy on Tuesday's episode of the Australian morning news program Sunrise. The movie also snapped up an Oscar for Best Original Song.More news: Gareth Bale not 100pc fit for final
The Danger Zone may have gotten old and dusty, but Tom Cruise says he's about to fly back in.
Casting and plot details have yet to be revealed, although David Ellision of Skydance suggested in 2015 that a "Top Gun" sequel would be rooted in modern themes.More news: Trade tops agenda as Trump hosts Vietnamese leader
- Police release Tiger Woods' DUI arrest video
- 'Wonder Woman' Banned In Lebanon Due To Gal Gadot's Israeli Heritage
- Kabul bombing: Afghans blame Haqqani network and Pakistan
- Decision on Paris deal very soon
- Day war begets 50 years of strife for Israel
- Donald Trump could withdraw from Paris accord today
- Jose Mourinho close to signing Chelsea star: Player keen on reunion
- Afghans mourn a day after massive truck bombing kills 90
- Maruti Suzuki's May sales up 11 per cent
- State of Origin 2017: Here comes Game 1