"They put us in a spot to win, and I let it snowball from there".
Alex Colome struck out the side in a flawless ninth for his 14th save in 16 chances. (Topkin notes that in addition to Ramirez starting one day after recording a save, the Rays also had three relievers throw more than 30 pitches yesterday.) The Rays, after all, don't have a lot of room in the rotation thanks to strong starts to the season from Chris Archer, Alex Cobb, Jake Odorizzi, Ramirez and Matt Andriese - each of whom carries an ERA of 3.67 or better.
Erasmo Ramirez, the scheduled starter Monday for the Rays, pitched a flawless 15th for his first save.More news: Arsene Wenger in the dark over Arsenal future after FA Cup win
"I let it snowball from there", Barnette said. They weren't all that impressive, though, as he allowed four hits, including a Shin-Soo Choo homer, and three walks.
Steven Souza Jr. went 4-for-5 for the Rays and scored four times, leading a 13-hit charge.More news: Manchester attacks: MI5 probes bomber 'warnings'
Longoria already had a pair of RBI grounders before his homer to straightaway center off Rangers starter Martin Perez tied the game at 5-all in the fifth. "It's nice to see the belief in the dugout that even if you're down a couple late you can get something going". Gallo was batting seventh against the Rays and playing first base for Mike Napoli, who had some tightness in his back.
Beltre had been out all season with a right calf strain, after also having issues with his left calf during spring training.
Rangers: RHP Tyson Ross (thoracic outlet syndrome) gave up six runs and walked five in 3 1-3 innings in his second rehab start with Triple-A Round Rock.More news: Highlights of French Open second day
De Leon made his major league debut last season with the Dodgers, posting a 2-0 record in his first four big league starts. Texas lost the first two games by a combined three runs, then on Sunday the Rangers won 3-1.
- United States probe finds over 100 civilians died in Mosul air strike
- Conservatives send out robotic tweets during May and Corbyn TV interviews
- Andrew Scheer gets warm welcome in Parliament Hill
- Police trying to trace suitcase carried by bomber
- Foo Fighters get plug pulled at BottleRock Festival, keep playing anyway
- Barcelona hires former player Ernesto Valverde as its coach
- US Administration Policies 'Stand Against' EU Interests - German FM
- Iranian president calls relations with US 'a curvy road'
- President Trump comes out in support of his son-in-law Jared Kushner
- France's Macron holding 'tough' talks with Putin near Paris