The Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) Tuesday confirmed it successfully test fired another ballistic missile on Monday, the third in one month, according to official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA).
"The ballistic rocket flew toward the east sky where the day broke and correctly hit a planned target point with deviation of seven meters after flying over the middle shooting range", said the KCNA.
This was North Korea's second missile test in a week, coming after the United Nations threatened more sanctions and G-7 leaders condemned the North for its previous launch.More news: Huddersfield into Premier League after penalty drama
This is published unedited from the PTI feed. The command tracked the missile for six minutes before it fell into the Sea of Japan, in what is known as Japan's exclusive economic zone.
He said China, the North's only major ally, has been increasingly using its influence over North Korea.The reclusive state rejects United Nations and unilateral sanctions by other states against its weapons program as an infringement of its right to self defence and says the program is necessary to counter USA aggression.North Korea has attempted seven missile tests in 2017, including two recent tests in one week alone, keeping the world on edge. He said there was no immediate report of damage to planes or vessels in the area.
Abe said Monday that Tokyo would "never tolerate" Pyongyang's repeated provocations, and vowed to work with Washington to rein in the Kim regime's nuclear and missile ambitions.More news: US consumer spending jumps; monthly inflation rebounds
"Whenever news of our valuable victory is broadcast recently, the Yankees would be very much anxious about it and the gangsters of the south Korean puppet army would be dispirited more and more", KCNA quoted Kim as saying.
But China has made it clear that the push for talks - and not more sanctions - is its priority.
Noting the situation on the Korean Peninsula is complicated and sensitive, the Chinese ministry reiterated its call for all concerned parties to remain calm and exercise restraint.More news: Penguins beat Predators in Game 1 of Stanley Cup
The test was aimed at verifying a new type of precision guidance system and the reliability of a new mobile launch vehicle under different operational conditions, KCNA said.
- No. 1 Kerber out of French Open in first round
- Ariana Grande to Perform Benefit Concert After Manchester Tragedy
- Returning Kvitova wins Roland Garros opener
- Petra Kvitova eases past Julie Boserup in first match after stabbing
- NASA captures a partial solar eclipse in space
- Penguins escape shaky Game 1 with win over Predators
- Gallagher brothers could reunite a benefit concert for Manchester bombing victims
- Pay more for home appliances, less on air travel under GST
- Deadline for Kulbhushan Jadhav to appeal against death sentence ending today
- Snapdeal raises over Rs 113 crore from NVP, founders