Nvidia also claims that the new design approach means the upcoming gaming laptops will sport 18mm thickness about as thin as a MacBook Air. The design of the rocket is precision-engineered around Max-Q. The company claims that Max-Q combines a new way of operating the GPU at peak efficiency, with optimisations such as a low voltage optimised clock curve that wrings out gaming performance while reducing power. They're not necessarily looking for laptops which are 15mm thick, 5lbs in weight, with a GTX 1080 GPU at their hearts to carry the Max-Q branding, but are instead focusing more on the actual acoustic design. However, NVIDIA is now breaking the stereotype and introducing "lighter, thinner yet more powerful gaming notebooks".
Thanks to Max-Q technology, high-performance gaming laptops would be as thin as a MacBook Air with up to 70 percent more gaming performance than what is now available.
Powerful GPUs at Max Efficiency: Based on the NVIDIA Pascal GPU architecture, GeForce® GTX 1080 is manufactured on the leading-edge FinFET 16nm process, and features cutting-edge GDDR5X memory. Max-Q designed laptops will support the entire GeForce gaming platform, which includes Game Ready drivers, Nvidia G-Sync display technology, VR, 4K gaming and so on.More news: City Under Siege: Death Toll in Philippines Islamist Violence Nears 100
Nvidia's Game Ready drivers will also help make sure the GPUs are delivering optimal efficiency while providing stunning graphics. New advanced thermal solutions, along with regulator efficiency, enable higher performance and quieter operations in thin gaming laptops than in anything else now available.More news: Ryanair reports profits of nearly €1.32bn
Nvidia further told that Max-Q technology is aimed to maximum efficiency plus maximum performance.
Nvidia mentioned that gaming laptop community will no longer need to wait for gaming laptops. As per the company, WhisperMode will be available soon through a GeForce Experience software update. "The only difference is the PC market is growing much faster".
The chart potentially plots the significance of Max-Q technology.More news: James surpasses Jordan as NBA's leading playoff scorer
There are two key physical metrics laptop manufacturers will have to meet in order to be classified as a Max-Q laptop.
- ASUS introduces antenna-less Wi-Fi router, Blue Cave at Computex 2017
- Trump hails the fallen and their families at Arlington
- Ferrari have given Vettel preferential treatment, says Hamilton
- Android O beta update released by Google
- Samsung releases SoundAssistant app for improved audio experience on Galaxy phones
- CBI Court Grants Bail to Advani, 5 Others in Babri Case
- Manchester attacker's younger brother arrested in Tripoli: spokesman
- Penguins escape with win despite Predators' stifling defence
- Manchester City set to pay world record £34.9m for goalkeeper Ederson
- Priyanka Chopra wants to make Bollywood movie with David Hasselhoff