The board are keen to reward Wenger for the loyalty that he has shown over the past 20 years and as such they won't be appointing a director of football that could undermine the 67-year-old.
On Saturday, Prince William attended The Emirates FA Cup Final between Arsenal and Chelsea at Wembley Stadium. "The lack of respect at some stages has been, for me, a disgrace - and I would never accept that", he said, via the Mirror.
Victory was rich vindication for Wenger, whose Arsenal future is due to be decided by a board meeting on Tuesday, and allowed him to salvage something from the most hard season of his 21-year tenure.More news: Ariana Grande to Host Benefit Concert in Manchester
Ramsey told the BBC he hoped Wenger would renew his contract at Arsenal.
Delivering the FA Cup three times in four seasons has papered over some of the cracks as Arsenal has repeatedly come up short in the English Premier League and Europe.
Yet's Arsenal's enthusiasm and grit were unrecognisable from the capitulations we witnessed in too many Premier League fixtures. To say this will be a hard game for Arsenal is an understatement. Within seconds of the restart, though, Aaron Ramsey restored Arsenal's lead with a header. No, what I want is to win the next game. "The behaviour of some people during the season, that is what hurts me most".
"I know very well Arsene Wenger has done well in the FA Cup and won many trophies", said Conte. Some, obviously, that you know about, and that is very hard for the group of players to cope with that. The Gunners have played inconsistently all year, frustrating fans by winning the big matches and then stumbling in key games against lower-table opponents.More news: Oil price falls despite OPEC deal extension
The FA Cup has become Arsenal's season-saving ritual.
Wenger was full of admiration for the way his players took the fight to Chelsea, saying: "We had an outstanding performance from the first minute onwards".
"Because when you stay for so long time in the same team - and we're talking about a great team like Arsenal, not a simple team - we must consider him one of the best managers in history".More news: Alexander Rossi jokes with Fernando Alonso about Indy 500 engine change
- Paris climate accord: G7 leaders in imbroglio after Trump delay
- Allegri casts aside speculation, says he'll stay at Juventus
- Trump's Handshake With Emmanuel Macron Was 'Aggressive Move,' Expert Says
- Athletes encounter visa issues for Prefontaine meet
- Price to pitch for Red Sox on Monday
- City pool to open for the season Saturday
- Oil prices bounce higher as ministers promise crude cuts until 2018
- Saudi Arabia To Trim Oil Exports To US To Force Inventories Lower
- Texas Legislature OKs expanded prohibitions on bestiality
- Manchester bombing: 'Forgive me' - attacker's final call to mum