Katy Perry has finally spoken out about her feud with Taylor Swift, and she didn't hold back. The day after taking part in Carpool Karaoke on The Late Late Show with James Corden, where she spoke for the first time about her feud with Taylor Swift, Katy referenced the beef once again when she swung by the SiriusXM radio studios on Tuesday.
Katy admitted to a situation which kicked off when Swift reportedly stole some backup dancers from the Fireworks singer.
"Absolutely", Perry said. "By the way, I am ready because I think when women unite, the world is going to heal".
"Swish Swish just basically is like, I stay winning", she explained.More news: Bomber was in Germany days before attack
The "Chained to the Rhythm" singer claims she tried to reach out to Taylor, but her efforts were fruitless. I think we see that today especially - like we need to come together and love on each other today.
Perry's story, up to this point, seems to jibe with what had previously been pieced together from various interviews.
It was incredible performing with Katy Perry. I'm not on a record cycle and get the work, and she's great and all that. "I'm always listening to new music, and love discovering diamonds in the rough - from mentoring young artists on my label, or highlighting new artists on my tours, I want to bring it back to the music", according to ABC's press release.
Speaking to Rolling Stone in 2014, Swift explained that someone in the music industry "did something so horrible" to her.More news: Father and brother of Manchester bomber arrested in Libya
"If this gets out to anyone I just want to say that I love all of you out there and I just know that some of our fan bases go both ways". They replied that they'd contact management and were subsequently fired from Swift's tour. It had to do with business. And I'm surprisingly non-confrontational - you would not believe how much I hate conflict. So now I have to avoid her. "It's awkward, and I don't like it". The song, which Perry claims is an anti-bullying anthem, is widely speculated to be in response to Swift's "Bad Blood".
Despite all the back and forth, Swift has not publicly commented on Perry or her recent revelations.
However, at Corden's probing, Perry conceded that if Swift were to text her to say, in Corden's words, "the beef is off the grill", that she would, in return, take the beef off the grill.More news: Roger Ailes Is Dead At 77
- Pokemon: Magikarp Jump Now Out for iPhone and Android Devices
- 2 addiction counselors at halfway house die of drug overdose
- Prospective juror gets laughs from comedian-defendant Cosby
- Irving scores 42, leads Cavaliers to a win from Warriors rematch
- Manchester United claim Europa League with win over Ajax
- Wall St. edges higher as Fed minutes release draws near
- Jeff Sessions wants all those prisons full
- Fed minutes: Officials back reducing bond holdings this year
- More arrests over Manchester bombing as United Kingdom lifts terror alert
- RightNow founder turned politician gets assault charge after 'bodyslamming' reporter