And Celine Dion has also been confirmed as a performer at the annual awards bash, which will be hosted by Ludacris and Vanessa Hudgens. Back in her vintage black motorcycle jacket, lace bodysuit, knee-high boots and huge curly wig, Cher ran through her 1989 classic "If I Could Turn Back Time".
The Jewish rapper also won as top male artist, top Billboard 200 artist and top rap artist on Sunday night at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on the way to snapping the Billboard awards mark of 12 held by Adele.
Drake has made a habit of skipping awards shows in recent years - even the 2016 Grammys, for which he was a top-nominated artist.More news: Watch Derek Jeter Give Heartfelt Speech During Jersey Retirement Ceremony
"I can do a five-minute plank", Cher joked as she nabbed her award from presenter Gwen Stefani.
"Nicki Minaj, I'm so glad we found our way back because I love you", Drake continued, addressing the pair's falling out over his very public feud with Minaj's ex-boyfriend, Meek Mill. Cyrus gave her new track its TV debut Sunday night, in a performance of which that her country music dad Billy Rae Cyrus was likely proud.
Despite the success of "Titanic" and "My Heart Will Go On", Celine - who performed in a giant chandelier while clips from the movie were shown on a screen behind her - admitted director James didn't initially want her iconic theme to be a part of his film.More news: Rafael Nadal beats Dominic Thiem in Madrid Open final
Drake also mentioned label mate Nicki Minaj who he was reportedly estranged from after a rivalry kicked off a year ago between Drake and her then boyfriend, rapper Meek Mill.
The Soundgarden and Audioslave singer who died last week at the age of 52 was honored during the ceremony.
Michael Jackson's son, Prince Jackson, presented the award to Drake, according to the Washington Post. "My sister and I will continue to carry on his name with tremendous pride and live my life by his words".More news: 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' sails into new franchise waters
- Trump arrives in Israel, hoping to rekindle peace process
- Woman stops carjacker by jumping onto hood
- Indian Army wreck Pakistan post across Line of Control
- Cavaliers rally past Celtics in Game 4
- Trump's first foreign visit starts in Saudi Arabia, then Israel
- Kenya: Police officers killed in al-Shabab bomb attack
- Manchester attacker's father, younger brother arrested in Tripoli - spokesman
- Obama gets rock-star welcome in Berlin, praises Merkel
- Shah Rukh Khan Feels Hollywood Might 'Take Over' Bollywood
- Ariana Grande Concerts Canceled at Least Through June 5