Authorities identified the suicide bomber in the deadly blast at a Manchester, England, concert, but it's not yet clear whether the Islamic State's claim of responsibility for the blast is valid. He is now a manager for the Central Security force in Tripoli.
One of the men was detained following searches of an address in the Withington area of the city, while another was arrested in a part of Greater Manchester that was not disclosed.More news: Trump seals $110 billion arms deal with Saudi Arabia with awkward dance
In the south of Manchester, three more arrests, and another in Wigan tonight, followed the arrest yesterday of Abedi's older brother.
"They deserve it", she said. The government said almost 1,000 soldiers were deployed Wednesday instead of police in high-profile sites in London and other locations. The defense ministry said the changing of the guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace has been cancelled so that police officers can be redeployed elsewhere.More news: Merkel's party wins vote in rivals' German heartland
Britain is on its highest terror alert level following Monday's bombing, meaning another attack is thought imminent, and police are searching for the perpetrator's accomplices. Local media reports said that the Manchester Victoria Station, which is close to the concert venue, has been closed and all trains have been cancelled for the time being.
The attack left 22 people dead and more than 60 others wounded. May said Abedi was born and raised in Britain and security officials said he was of Libyan descent.
The government said almost 1,000 soldiers were deployed Wednesday in high-profile sites in London and elsewhere, replacing police, who can work on counter-terrorism duties.More news: Predators lose injured C Ryan Johansen for rest of playoffs
- Arsenal reduce Europa League ticket prices after Champions League failure
- 1 person dead after contracting botulism from gas station's nacho cheese
- More bombs uncovered after Manchester blast
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co (GT) Stake Maintained by Whittier Trust Co
- Ajax's youngsters come up short in Europa League final
- Bookmaker pays out on John Terry substitution bets
- Listen To Audio Of Greg Gianforte's Reporter Confrontation
- We will learn from United's performance, says Ajax coach Bosz
- Father of Manchester bomber says he didn't expect attack
- OPEC and non-OPEC nations poised to extend output cuts