Rain showers that started on Wednesday night will continue through Thursday evening for central Pennsylvania, according to forecasters. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
"We have a little low pressure system that's moving up through the Ohio River Valley today", said Deb Elliot, a meteorological technician for the weather service at its White Lake Township office.
A coastal flood advisory is also in effect from 10 p.m. Thursday through 1 a.m. Friday for the North Shore of Nassau and northwestern Suffolk.
After rain and showers, weekend looking good
A storm system is now impacting the Cumberlands; a tornado watch was even in effect for a short time this afternoon (and McCreary and Campbell counties remain under a tornado watch until 8 p.m.).
The steadiest rain (heavy at times) will be later tonight and Friday morning. A few showers will linger into Sunday. It will be a bit breezy, perhaps. We're expecting mostly sunny skies. "Temperatures will warm into the 60s and lower 70s by the end of the day, with some areas seeing at least breaks of sun before evening". Precipitation: Showers and thunderstorms possible, but not an absolute.
MEMORIAL DAY: There will be a 50 percent chance of rain.More news: Game Changers a hit or miss — Survivor
Sunday will start off quiet.
There's a good chance of a shower in the morning on Memorial Day, but the rest of the day should be dry. Highs will remain seasonable, in the lower to mid 70s. Even Sunday shouldn't be a complete washout, and it looks like the storm system will quickly get out of the way, leaving Monday mostly dry (although the NWS is forecasting a 20 percent chance of rain for Memorial Day).
AccuWeather reports damp and dreary conditions will plague the northeastern United States late this week, with enough wet weather possible to disrupt travel and outdoor activities.More news: Ranking House intel Dem: Subpoenas coming after Flynn denies request
Highs Thursday reach near 60, with many barely making out of the 50s.More news: Chelsea cancel Premier League title bus tour after Manchester terror attack
- Marijuana extract helps some kids with epilepsy, study says
- Day 'felt weird' being in lead at Players Championship
- Iranian President Responds to Donald Trump, Saudi Arabia Criticism
- Police hunt Manchester bomber's network
- South Korea Wants to Reopen Communication With North
- Police arrest three more people after Manchester bombing
- India opens fire on UN Observers along LOC
- Taiwan's top court paves way to legalise same-sex marriage
- Constellation Brands seeks to acquire maker of Jack Daniel's, Brown-Forman
- Ivanka Trump meets human trafficking victims in Rome