The Communist Party of India (CPI) also hit out at Pakistan for showing "adamant attitude" after it refused to accept the world body's decision. In most of the consular access related cases brought before the ICJ, the important remedy sought was provisional measures such as staying of execution. "This means that there is a risk that an execution could take place at any moment thereafter, before the Court has given its final decision in the case", the order said.
According to a report in The Nation, Adviser to Pakistan Prime Minister for Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz on Thursday said that Pakistan's counsel had courageously presented the country's stance in International Court of Justice (ICJ) on Kulbhushan Jadhav.
Supporters hold posters of former Indian naval officer Kulbhushan Jadhav and light fire crackers as they celebrate the International Court of Justice order on Jadhav, in Ahmadabad on Thursday.
ICJ in an interim order directed Pakistan not to execute Kulbhushan Jadhav. On April 10, 2017, Jadhav was sentenced to death by a Field General Court Martial.More news: Manchester United prepare to play the kids against Crystal Palace
The Express Tribune quoted legal experts saying Pakistan may face Great embarrassment if it fails to comply with ICJ order. The ruling came three days after India and Pakistan gave their submissions in the case.
'The ICJ has finally given justice to Kulbhushan Jadhav.
Jadhav was convicted by a Pakistan military court on charges of espionage and subversive activities and sentenced to death. Jadhav, a former Navy officer, was arrested in March 2016 from Balochistan, Pakistan claimed.
"Urging the United Nations and the the global community to understand the double game of Pakistan, Mengal said", Pakistan is a hub of terrorism as it is producing Islamic terrorism for the entire world.More news: Penguins bench Fleury for Game 4
India has pleaded before the court that Pakistan had violated its obligation under the Vienna Convention that guarantees diplomatic help to foreigners accused of capital crimes.
"It is time for the opposition parties to unite over the issues that are threatening our national security rather than critcising the government", said Marriyum, informing that the law and justice department is thoroughly reviewing the ICJ verdict.
India has maintained that Jadhav was abducted from Iran, where he was pursuing his business, and passed off as a spy.More news: Office Depot's (ODP) Hold Rating Reiterated at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc
- Wenger hails striking options at Arsenal
- Penguins turn to Matt Murray for Game 4 of Eastern Conference final
- Tiger 'blessed' to step into Sylvester Stallone's shoes
- Cummings tells Chaffetz to demand WH docs on Trump, Russia's Comey conversation
- Europa League would cap an 'amazing' Manchester United season, Mkhitaryan claims
- Three Teens Charged With Capital Murder After Shooting Death of Child
- Reinforcements deployed to help battle rising flood waters in Quebec
- Loan waiver ploy of 'anti-farmer' BJP: Congress
- Trump receives regal welcome in Saudi Arabia
- 'White House adviser is person of interest in Russian Federation probe'