Tom Cruise, though, will apparently have a much closer (and beneficial) relationship with Princess Ahmanet, the Mummy in his movie.
And in case you'd forgotten that in these three short years since the release of Edge of Tomorrow (now known as Live, Die, Repeat), the new trailer for The Mummy is hell-bent on reminding you. Right now the movie is tracking to open around $40 million in the U.S., which is very much in line with the 1999 Brendan Fraser starring The Mummy ($43.4 million). Need more evidence? Where is the trailer that spends any time at all focusing on the mummy itself, Sofia Boutella? This latest trailer offers some interesting bits of new footage, and they really play up the entertainment value of the movie. With new insights on Cruise's chase to survive, Universal Picture attempts to push the envelope a little more and give fans a sneak-peek into the horror movie.More news: Ducks even Western finals at 2, beating Predators 3-2 in OT
Dropping nearly a decade after the last series installment, the Universal reboot of the classic film franchise that was initially fronted by Boris Karloff in 1932 (and later by Brendan Fraser across three films between 1999 and 2008) also stars Russell Crowe, Courtney B. Vance, Annabelle Wallis, and Jake Johnson.
The upcoming film focuses on an ancient princess (Sofia Boutella) who is previously thought to be safely entombed in a crypt beneath the unforgiving desert but ends up awakening in modern day. She brings with her malevolence grown over millennia and terrors that defy human comprehension.More news: UN Court Orders Pakistan Not To Execute Indian Spy
"The Mummy" is set to scare cinemagoers in 2D, 3D and IMAX cinemas worldwide from June 9, 2017.More news: Turkish Embassy Bodyguards Beat up Americans in Washington, Video Shows
- Boston creamed: Cavs back home after demolishing Celtics
- Rep. Al Green Officially Calls on Congress to Impeach President Trump
- Hope good sense prevails and Pakistan frees Kulbhushan Jadhav: CPI
- The unbelievable title winning record of Chelsea boss Conte
- Tillerson: US Reviewing Climate Policies, Will Not Be Rushed into Decision
- Trump receives regal welcome in Saudi Arabia
- Johansen injured, will miss remainder of playoffs
- Teens charged in shooting of boy, 6, left in car's back seat
- Cummings tells Chaffetz to demand WH docs on Trump, Russia's Comey conversation
- Halep eases into Italian Open semis